Rocker Switch has Power

Bulbs are good

NO POWER TO LIGHTS!!!!

Sugestions on what i should check next

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Have you disassembled them lately? If so you may need to work with the little clip that holds the bulb in, It is part of the ground, and sometimes does not make good contact.

Sonex2000

Apr 3, 2005
i'll try and clean the grounds. is the fog lights on a series? you know like x-mas lights if one goes, then the other?

Sonex2000

Apr 3, 2005
Thanks. I got high beam HID's and boy am I getting complaints...lol

So I'm goning to do the fog light re-wire so that they can stop complaining

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
If you really have all that power then you don't have ground. :)

On a more technical note, the fog light switch gets power from the headlamps. The ground side of the switch goes through the headlight switch. The foglight switch only controls the relay.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
wait, you're going to use your fogs alone for driving so you don't need to use your high beam hid's?

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
Your HID's are jacking with the signal wire to the foglights. Since our cars have switched grounds for the headlights and a common power lead, you wired up your HID's differently and it's not working with the foglights. Do a foglight rewire so that they've got switched 12v power with the ignition and you'll be good to go.

thedave925

Since 9/16/05
Nov 9, 2005
East Bay, Cali
I'd like to point out that with STOCK supra foglight/headlight wiring, if you drive with the low beams and want fogs, you get'em. BUT, as soon as you ask for High beams via toggling the stalk forward, the circuit to the fogs get cut for additional power to the highs in order to reduce load on the charging system.
-Dave

Sonex2000

Apr 3, 2005
LOL. Thanks. I try not to ask ricer/stupid questions.

But a follow up. Doing the fog light re-wire today.

See if you're up for this challenge.

I want to wire my front turn-signal lights to turn on, and blink when i need them to. But I want to use my front turn signal lights when I turn on my lights......did that make any sense?

would i just power them with my side marker lights, and add a relay?

Sonex2000

Apr 3, 2005
tried the fog light re-wire. FAILED

I used an accesory line fuse instead of an inline. I has power. I had a tough time finding which wire was the red/black strip wire. which harness is it!?! there two different harnesses with red/black strip wires. I hope i connected it right. and still i get nothing. something i'm missing?

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
You need to wire it so the switch completes the circuit on the relay. From Toyota, they run the power from the headlamps and ground from the switch. Move those. I would draw it out, but my printer is not here.

What year?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Sonex2000 said:

I want to wire my front turn-signal lights to turn on, and blink when i need them to. But I want to use my front turn signal lights when I turn on my lights......did that make any sense?

would i just power them with my side marker lights, and add a relay?

No. You have parking lights already. I think johnthaon1 was doing the same thing, or something similar. You need diodes to direct the current one way when you start splicing.

Last edited: