Fog light mod?

indy_mk3

boost-creep
Oct 15, 2007
kelowna
:1zhelp: ok im confused i looked at the link : http://gallery.sanitylapse.com/v/supra/Foglight+Rewire/DSC_9442.jpg.html and it doesnt even show him putting a fuse into the fuse holder....then he just wraps one end of the wire on a fuse and plugs it back in saying its a good 12V source....? is this really what you do im confused? and plus i was told by fiyota that you should actually use your cruise control switch rather than your defrost switch

indy_mk3

boost-creep
Oct 15, 2007
kelowna
oh really? i didnt know that but mine is a 87 so the switch is right beside the fog light switch, i just dont understand are you supposed to put a fuse in your fuse holder or do you not put a fuse into it and just wrap the end of its wire onto the cig lighter fuse?

osama1234

Noob
Jun 30, 2007
vancity
The idea is that you put the wire on the 'far side' of the fuse. So that if you draw lots of current, the fuse will blow.
I used an inline fuse connected on one side to twelve volts using a male crimp type end, and the other end of the inline fuse connected to 12 volts supplied to the relay. Its a much cleaner application.

Oh yeah, since you have an 87, if it anything like my 86.5, pretty much none of the guides work, so know what you want to do before you start cutting random wires.

indy_mk3

boost-creep
Oct 15, 2007
kelowna
ok now its fucked, i got instructions for an 87/88 and i wired it exactly like it told me to then compared it to fiyota's wiring and it was perfect, now everytime i turn on my foglights the relays makes weird sounds and the foglights dont turn on...and yes it is grounded perfeclty and the has a perfect source of power from the taillight fuse......help

indy_mk3

boost-creep
Oct 15, 2007
kelowna
actually i got some piaa's waiting to go in but i just didnt want to blow them up as soon as i put them in, but you said that this happened to you once, so did you relay make a weird sound everytime you turned on the fog light switch????

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Id give you help but i had the same problems as you. You just need to measure voltage and such as every point you plan on cutting before you cut it so you know what youre doing. If you make a mistake its not a huge deal just resolder and heatshrink the wiring, id stay away from twisting+ electrical tape cause not only is it extremely messy but if it pulls apart you may not know it and things will get really frustrating in the future. I dont remember exactly how mine went cause i tried so many things before it actualy worked.

indy_mk3

boost-creep
Oct 15, 2007
kelowna
ok well i didnt twist them together is used crimp connectors everywhere but i nmever did measure the voltage....this pisses me off ive attempted this liek 4 5 times