FMIC on 7MGTE

jimmymc6g

Feb 19, 2013
Colorado
I'm thinking about buying a front mount intercooler from a friend. It's one kind of similar to the picture below. I know the stock one and aftermarket replacements for this car have both input and output facing one side. Is it heard of to make an intercooler that has input on one side and the output on the other side work with the 7mgte with custom piping? I don't have the money to buy the aftermarket kit for this car at the moment, but if I need to I'll just save and buy it.

HYFM-MY04M_slideshow.jpg

You can make it work with the intercooler having the opening on each side. It just creates more area for the air to travel before getting to the to the engine and more piping. How much is he trying to sell the intercooler for? If its alot you mind as well save up for a driftmotion intercooler kit that has the two holes on one side.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I'm not all that happy with the driftmotion/cx racing kit.. First of all, its incredibly difficult to get all the piping to line up with the inlet and outlet on the same side, and secondly, the pipe coming from the turbo to the intercooler hits the sway bar. It's probably just because im lowered without adjustable sway bar endlinks, but still.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Why would you want it? IC's have gotten pretty damn cheap now that China is able to pump them out at low cost. Without knowing what's done to your car, can't really comment on if it would be a good buy (you also neglect to say how much it is...)

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
The fitment is close enough that it works, but bad enough that it bothers me. You could probably get away with just tweaking the problem areas..

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA