Flywheel bolts

AW11inVa

Nov 15, 2007
Broadway Va
Apparently I have lost two of my flywheel bolts. Can I just get the same size high strength bolt at Lowes? Or is there something special about them that I needto go to the dealer for?

AW11inVa

Nov 15, 2007
Broadway Va
Ok will do...annoyig though I lost a whole evening tonite over two missing bolts I could have had the trans on and the engine back in the car almost.

While we are on the subject. There are two plates with the 6 holes. The flat one goes against the crank and the other one with the rounded edge like....which side of the flywheel does that go on and which way does that rounded edge go?

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
they're probably grade 8. but don't risk it. this is just as critical as putting a "lowes" bolts as your rod end bolts because they should be "good enough". get some from the dealer.

AW11inVa

Nov 15, 2007
Broadway Va
Thanks I ordered them at the dealership this morning. They should be here tommorow morning. They were only $12 for six of them. Another evening tonite mostly shot. I guess I can do some other things to get ready though. How about those two plates I mentioned. Anyone?