fly wheel bolts

MK3Racer89

May 11, 2005
hey i was wondering on how to remove the fly wheel bolts fromt the car ? do i need a impact gun ot just reg. tools. i dont have acess to a impact gun, hoe do you do it with reg. tools thankz
chris

MK3Racer89

May 11, 2005
oh thankz for the info i think i am going to buy that tool today lol, trying to get my car running already lol. i will let you guys know what happens.
chris

MK3Racer89

May 11, 2005
i got the tool but my car is too high for it to work, but oh well. i called my friend to hlpe out and we snapped 2 bolts off :cry: so the studs is still in the flywheel and motor :3d_frown: , but yeah i wanted to know if i have a hard road ahead when those bolts still in there ?
thankz guys
chris

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
get a set of skrew exptactors from sears. good stuff. just need to drill a hole in the bolt and hammer that ting in and turn it. sometimes i even hear that when the head of the bolt is snapped off that it realeves the tenshion on the bolt and you can turn it with a center punch. just slowly work it out. it shouldnt be that bad, you have plenty of room to get to the fw bolts. imagine if you snaped a top tranny mount bolt.

MK3Racer89

May 11, 2005
tthankz hearing that makes me feel alot better :icon_bigg and i dont want to think about me fucking up the top tranny bolt :aigo: that is a bad dream that i do not want to take haha but thatnkz i will let you know what happens ok
chris

northsupra

Normally Insane
Mar 30, 2005
Norway
The easy way :)

When taking of the flywheel if you are to do this. You fit a breaker bar on to the crankpully and lay it down on the fender wall. This way you can loosen the fly wheel bolts with out the flywheel turning.

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
i want to add if you ever remove the FW bolts your suppose to replace them with new ones. for 10$ it's good piece of mind.

MK3Racer89

May 11, 2005
oh yeah i am going to replace them when i get them off but i want to get my old one off before i get the new ones, but thankz for the info, i just hope that i can get the 2 studs out

MK3Racer89

May 11, 2005
wow all 6 snapped so yeah i amthinking of ways to remove them, this is pissing me off but i thnk i am just going to go to sears and get the stud remover or something like that. but if anyone has a good idea let me know ok thankz guys
chris

MK3Racer89

May 11, 2005
yeah me and me friend checkd, i think the last person who worked on it tightened them to tight and they snapped under pressure. but yeah i just bought some brand new ones from th dealer but i am just going to drill the out tomorrow and see how that goes, but the bolts snapped to where there is barely or if any bolt showing, so is there a tool to get them out or do i have to drill? well thankz for the info guys
chris