fluid sounds and starters

l_galyean07

Supramania Contributor
Sep 14, 2006
Cedar Rapids
I have an 88 7M-GTE turbo and I am getting most of the car rebuilt. I am doing part of it and my buddy Josh Silver is doing a big part of it. I have it for a few days and there are a few issues. 1- when i speed off there is a loud(very loud) fluid like sound coming from the engine...what the hell is that?
2- my car will not start. pop starting it is the only thing i can do right now. starter is new, relays are good to my knowledge(im buying a new ones anyway), any suggestions?
i have a few more questions but we can start with these..please give me as many tips as possible!
-laur:1zhelp:

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Symptoms of a possible ::bhg:: , but let's not go there yet. Try burping your system. Jack the fron of the car up until the muffler is almost touching the ground, it must be that high! Run the car until it's warmed up with the radiator cap off. As the fluid level drops keep filling it up. This can take up to around 30 minutes to do on some supras.

l_galyean07

Supramania Contributor
Sep 14, 2006
Cedar Rapids
what other signs are there for a bhg? im showing a lot of damage to the car right now thats hopefully fixable but if all signs lead to it, i may just need to get it checked out

l_galyean07

Supramania Contributor
Sep 14, 2006
Cedar Rapids
there also seems to be much hesitation while coming out of 1st and 2nd. 3rd is fine and so on but first 2 gears have lost alot of power. another sign? or something else?

NeatOman

Never know enough!
Oct 5, 2006
Addison, IL
EXCESSIVE pressure in your coolant system... a hissing sound from the front (audible after you turn off the car) waterfall in the dash, gurgle sound, wight smoke after you top off your fluids (from the rad cap, not the reservoir tank) and maybe a spudder.

sign's of a BHG

Edit: i should know, I'm going though it... long into short. I blew my HG when i blew my coolant return line that comes off the back where the heater line goes.. took the head off and had to pop off 11 of the 14 studs because they where seized up and because of that the threads where smashed at the top of each bolt, you get the picture... and now i have a warped head.

Last edited:

l_galyean07

Supramania Contributor
Sep 14, 2006
Cedar Rapids
alright, i replaced the starter(the old one was bad according to advance) and i replaced the starter relay. i hear clicking coming from around the starter, and near the firewall on the passenger side. any suggestions? and where can i get the signal wire?