Fixed Speed Signal glitching in AEM.

2JZ_MA70

Aug 28, 2007
Cleveland
The ABS sensor on the transmission output shaft is digital 0-5V signal and it should work great for getting stable and accurate readings.

PSEN = 5v
RR+ = 5v Signal
RR- = Ground

It looks like it can operate at 12v also.... In the inspection instructions they have it wired to 12v source and it outputs 12v square signal. Bun on vehicle test shows 0-5V Signal.

I have 3.737 ger in the back but here are the settings...
falling edge checked.
rising edge unchecked
speed h sens 0
speed l sens 0
vss cal*8 unchecked
vss calibration 73
vss filter checked
vss min display 7
vss smooth unchecked
vss imput Vehile Speed

For the people that have ABS all they have to do is split the RR+ signal and run it to the AEM EMS
For the people without ABS you need a sensor, witing and relucter wheel on the output shaft of the transmision.

The signal does not glitch and it is 99+% accurate. Im using it with the VSS boost function and the speed increases and decreases gradualy without any major spikes.

Last edited:

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
I approved this post but I am having a hard time understanding...

Are you having issue with the AEM reading the hall-effect sensor or is it working fine and those are the settings that you are using?

The output resistance of the rear speed sensor is about 333.3 ohm with a 2% margin of error (taking TSRM at face values) which means the output of the sensor on a 12V input is 12v or 2v which coincides exactly with the the TSRM states for output voltage.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?Section=BR&P=68

On a 5v value...... The output swing will be from 5v to .83V when the pickup is excited by the ferrous metal passing (falling edge instead of the typical rising edge). So if the AEM allows for voltage config on a digital input. Below 1v is off. Above 4V = On and that should be ok without any hiccups.

Did your AEM have glitches in picking up that signal?

2JZ_MA70

Aug 28, 2007
Cleveland
The sensor is working great. no issues at all. and you are corect it is digital signal.

i have it wired to 5V I dont kow if the EMS would have problems picking it up when wired to 12V.