fixed idle problem

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
After 6 months of trying to figure out why she can'nt idle on her on weather she is hot or cold,last week i was out in the parking lot with her and i blew my top and screamed so loud that several neighbors in my building looked out like someone got murdered in the front of my building.i've been playing it kool since last year even when doing my head gasket job.I think what pissed me off was thinking that if i can do a head gasket job i can certinly figure out the idle problem.So rite after i blew my stack within 30 seconds afterwards found that #*@ problem.I felt like such an idiot.The mass air flo plug had a loose fit.i tightened it with a shoe string,untill i can make it to the junk yard a get the CLIP that goes around the plug.did'nt realize how inportant those CLIPS are.

prism1

prizmosis jones
May 24, 2006
fresno
^^^^ damnit! thats probably why mine was ideling so high. i kinda broke the clip on my tps sensor :3d_frown:

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
prism1;949733 said:
^^^^ damnit! thats probably why mine was ideling so high. i kinda broke the clip on my tps sensor :3d_frown:
I hope thats your problem and nothing serious.it was so depresing to have to use your left foot for the brake while your right foot was fighting the R.P.M arm.To everybody you lern something new.and the importants of the simple clip that secures the connections.

Burntz

Sold the Supra
Apr 20, 2007
Nebraska
prism1;949733 said:

like how high does it idle? mine likes to idle like 1500 ish, and randomly surge up and down, or just not idle, well, barely idle

was thinking possibly tps

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Burntz;953637 said:
like how high does it idle? mine likes to idle like 1500 ish, and randomly surge up and down, or just not idle, well, barely idle

was thinking possibly tps
Could be. I think the ECU will want to still make it idle, that's why the surge. Fairly easy to set it with a meter.

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
AJ'S 88NA;953826 said:
Could be. I think the ECU will want to still make it idle, that's why the surge. Fairly easy to set it with a meter.
mine would'nt idle when she was cold.but when she was warmed up sometime she would idle high around 1500rpms.