First Two Kills in my 1/2 Na-T MK3, WRX and Prelude

JT87NA

Mar 30, 2005
SLC, UT
Well I finally got my Na-t project tuned and went out last night for some fun. My setup is a 7mge engine 9.4:1 compresssion, Ct-26 at 8psi, 7mge ECU and AFM, SAFC and LM-1 Wideband for tuning. Here is a pic of my setup.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Anyways, I left work and decided to go on a night time cruise. I ended up driving by a Mobil gas station and saw a stock WRX probably 2003 or 04 sitting pumping gas. The kid looked up when I went by. I slowed down to around 40mph and waited. I wasn't sure if he was coming or not. In a bit I saw his headlights coming up on me pretty fast. We were on a two lane road I was on the right hand side he was on the left. When he was two car lengths back I downshifted into 3rd and put around 5 car lengths on him. Then I slowed down so he could catch up, but he flew by me so I went wot again and reeled him in putting around 4 car lengths on him before shutting it down. Then we raced from a dig at a light, he got the jump on me because I spun a bit in 1st but after I got traction it was all over. I tapped my brake lights to signify that the race was over. I was surprised at how easily I took a WRX. My car in stock N/A form got absolutely raped by any WRX modded or not. Before my 1/4 mile time was 15.2 @90mph.

Next kill was against a 95 Honda Prelude that had basic mods such as intake, headers, exhaust. This race started at a light. It was two lanes. I pulled up next to him and was just minding my own business. I pulled away slowly from the light as did he. Once I was at about 30 he punched so I did the same. We were nose to nose for a second because he got the jump on me but after I got spooled up it was no contest although I was impressed with his power from a roll at 30mph. I put around 7 car lengths on him and then shut it down. All in all it was a rewarding night. I was very happy that my Na-t worked well and I didn't have any problems. For doing my first turbo conversion by myself I think it was definately worth the time and money I spent on this project. Thanks for reading. Later.

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
Anomili said:
Well done. I didn't know that the 3rd? 4th? gen Honda preludes were much of a threat to a turbo'd supra, but the WRX is impressive.

95 is a 4th gen. The SI's are the 2.3 liter non-vtec rated at 160HP and around 152lbs/ft torque. The VTEC's are 2.2 liters with about 190HP and somewhere around the same torque spec I think. Then you got the crappy S model which isn't a threat to anything except a Yugo, lol.

Good kills.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
good kills! I like beating preludes cause they're actually somewhat of a challenge to an almost stock supra.

JT87NA

Mar 30, 2005
SLC, UT
americanjebus said:
impressive on the wrx now was it the turbo or just the 2L?

It was a Normal turbo wrx, they don't make a non turbo wrx although they do make an sti which has 300hp compared with the regular wrx's 227hp. They do make a 2.5 liter Impreza also.

snafu5962

HONDA HATER
Apr 6, 2005
southern pa
NICE KILL on the WRX! Prelude comes to no suprise u beat it and was proally a waste of time because in his mind he still won cuz he has a Honda and nothing beats that :dunno: but keep F*ING up HONDAS cuz i like to see it!!!!!

grimace65

Apr 3, 2005
so cal
JT87NA, are you using a distributor?the na ecu works fine?im currently about to add turbo but i thought i need a turbo ecu and turbo afm and the cam positon sensor to replace the distributor. but if i dont need those things then ill just add my turbo. but then again im gonna put a bigger turbo