First time hearing this whine!

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
hey guys.i need help and quik. first of all i ran into a BHG. i took it to my mech and got it replaced. also got the head machined and cleaned out. after putting everything back together we fired her up but the she just would not idle correctly. it sounded like not all six cylinders were firing. and second when i eould rev the engine a whine would scream really load.it sounds very close to a five year old girl screaming help. it screams when i rev and when i back off the gas. i thought that it was a vac leak but no. checked the turbo but no. i tried listening to it with my ear very close to the engine. i found that it was loudest right behind the alternator. we also checked the timing belt and the belt was stretched. not only that but the timing belt tentioner was frozen. so now i got to spend more money trying to get this car working again.
this is my daily car and ive missed work 8 days in a row now. i need to know whether this timing belt and tentioner is really the problem. and thing would help. thank you guys for your help.

91 supra gte targa.
hks BOV
ipexie 3" muffler...straight shot no cat.
stock everything else.

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
ok guys here it is. i went to pressurize the manifold with compressed air and pin pointed the problem. a chunk of old gasket on the intake manifold near the runners. and also a loose bolt on the EGR sensor. after that the car sounded beautifull.
so at the end of a BHG i had to replease every gasket that i took off. removed the front end and replaced the timing belt along withe tentioner. the basically all the 100,000 mile service.
thanks for everybody helping out with my problem. i love this forum....i think its time to take a trip to the lone star state. any body wanna come alone?