first supra/project car

J.Kroll

Nooblet
Dec 30, 2008
Clarksville, Tennessee
Hello all! My name is Jeff. I recently bought my first supra/project car. It is a 1986.5. Bought it for a whopping $900. It runs but I don't think it will for much longer. It currently has the 7m-ge in it and I am planning on swapping to the 7m-gte. So right now I am working my butt off and pinching pennies. Any suggestions or advice please give. This being my first project car and all. By the way this is an awesome site. It has been very helpful in a few decisions I have made. Here are some pics :
keaf4j.jpg

2reny8g.jpg

J.Kroll

Nooblet
Dec 30, 2008
Clarksville, Tennessee
Has a woodpecker like noise when I accelerate but when at a constant speed goes away, backfires, oil in the coolant reservoir, think the head gasket is leaking. So I figured I would just do the swap to a 7mgte. The engine has 156k on it.

J.Kroll

Nooblet
Dec 30, 2008
Clarksville, Tennessee
Supra28;1216551 said:
Welcome to SM.

The car looks really good, I like how low it is, do you know the suspension set up? Does the car have any rust at all?

It has aftermarket coil-overs that were on the car when I bought it. And Honestly don't like them at all. Every dip in the road turns out to be me feeling like I am on a pogo stick. It also scrapes when going out of driveways and such. I want to replace with something that wont have the car too low, but also that is I guess you would say Daily Driver friendly. Only rust I have noticed so far is where the windshield wipers are.

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
If you can find out what kind of coil overs they are and pictures, I might be willing to trade ya and some cash for my stock set-up w/tems or my kyb's/eibachs. Just throwing it out there for ya.....

Welcome to SM, where your wallet is always empty :biglaugh:

J.Kroll

Nooblet
Dec 30, 2008
Clarksville, Tennessee
87nasupra;1219692 said:
If you can find out what kind of coil overs they are and pictures, I might be willing to trade ya and some cash for my stock set-up w/tems or my kyb's/eibachs. Just throwing it out there for ya.....

Welcome to SM, where your wallet is always empty :biglaugh:

ill take some pics of them ASAP. I would like stock w/ tems but the kybs/eibachs sounds nice. Ill catch up with you on that one!