First Start rattle

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
YouTube - Rebuilt 7mgte first start rattle... :(

Anyone got any idea's? im not running aircon and i removed the pulley so the outter timing cover is being held in with 3x 10mm bolts, this is what i think it may be, dosnt sound bearing related but im not sure..

the motors a 7m crank Fullly rebuilt 7mgte, decked block and head, 74thou cometic MLS, arp's new bearings, pistons, rings, timing bell, crower springs, reshimmed, new valve guides and stem seals. etc.

i plan to drop the belts soon but anyone got any other idea's to figure out where its comming from, its been started once so far... fired right up too :)

Last edited:

Who

Supramania Contributor
It doesn't sound like a power steering whine. The sound should be constant. Yes the power steering is self bleeding. If the screen is dirty in the PS tank the reservoir can look full but the pump will starve for fluid and cause a high pitched whine.

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
Who;1361894 said:
It doesn't sound like a power steering whine. The sound should be constant. Yes the power steering is self bleeding. If the screen is dirty in the PS tank the reservoir can look full but the pump will starve for fluid and cause a high pitched whine.

Ok............ every 7M rez Ive seen does not have a screen its a simple rez. turn the wheel several times