First HPDE... I'm hooked

GeneSplicer

Jul 21, 2009
Alabama
BMWCCA has a DE at Barbers this weekend in which I ran/running. This being my first DE is quite the experience... especially in my spec miata. Killer in the corners, slow as ass in the straights! Anyway, the highlight (other than NOT spinning out into a wall or something) was seeing this Black MK4 absolutely dominate the vets and porsches out there. Granted, this is a DE, but good lord! This MK4 easily has 700 on tap! I looked the Supra over, but the driver was not around. Appearently the car was having fuel issues so he shut it up for the day went home and is having another car brought in for Sunday... must be nice. I'll spy some pics tomorrow if I can as it was insane! Makes me want to get my MK3 finished.. alas, I rather roll this miata learning to drive vs. my supra once it's finished. I'll update with pics if I can.

This (to me) is soooo much more challenging than dragging as I used too!

Last edited:

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
Welcome, the first step is admitting the addiction :)
The Miata is a great car that'll make you focus on momentum driving, plus a good backup if the Supra is down. That'll be helpful to carry over to the mk3 which is much heavier.

GeneSplicer

Jul 21, 2009
Alabama
Didn't see a single MK3, and this MK4 was the only Supra around... this pic is pulled from chin motorsports, but it is the Supra I was talking about. Got talking with him/them and they're out from Jackson MS of all places! He's putting 650 to the crank... I thought it was more, but appearantly he didn't need any more as he was whooping the ass off the vets and porsches!!

It is a good thing to learn with something like the miata, however, I'll be in trouble should I try to run my MK3 on a miata line! I'll find myself into the guardrail if I don't drift it out when the rear slips out! Anyway, have a turbo kit and all parts on the way for the miata... just couldn't stand the slow straight speed!!

smDSC_0403%20(Medium).jpg