First 1/4 miles runs at track, respectable times

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Evening Gents,
funky_monkey58 and I went to the track at Brainerd tonight. We almost didn't go because their rules for battery placement were a problem. Nevertheless we went and passed inspection. I was surprised at how many were running tonight.
My car ran well. If the driver ran as good as the car I would be posting 11 sec. times. The best I did was 12.36. My trap time was 119. My 60 ft. was 2.09. I am told this is pretty slow reaction. My main goal was to run her several times but not break her. I am proud to say that of the 5 runs made, 4 by me and I by Sean we were never beaten. My Dunlops seemed to stick pretty well. I think pretty good for street tires.
I had the personal pleasure of spanking 2 Gt Mustangs and a Honda. My other run was against a truck. Wasn't even a Ford Lighting. All things considered. I am happy with the way she ran, even though my power steering fluid leaking on the exhaust made a hell of a lot of smoke and really stunk bad.

I am going to try to load a copy of my best slip. Sean trapped a 121. I know there is more power in the turbo to be had and quicker times realized. I think we need to launch quicker, at higher RPM's.

Sean feel free to chime in here.

p1398633_1.jpg

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Thanks,
This was the first time I had ever ran a car at the track. I was a bit anxious and because my car was leaking power steering fluid, it smelled bad. Wearing the helmet also sucked a bit. I am appreciative to Sean for pushing me to go. I thought we wern't going to be able to pass inspection with the battery mount we used. Next time we will be better prepared.
We drove her 60 miles at 89-90 mph to get there. Puled out the tool box and extra battery and pulled up the line. My gas tank was 3/4 full and the back seat still had misc. junk in there.
I know the combination of lighter car, faster reaction time, higher launch rpm, and a set of new plugs will help. Didn't even lower air pressure. Drove her like I drive her on the street.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Last night was definitely a good time.

I only ran the car once and managed a 12.584 at 121

with a 2.229 60ft so there is room for improvement for sure. The car I was racing against redlighted it with a reaction of -.148 to my .309 so I thought he had me after the guy cut a 1.98 60ft put the supra came on strong to let me have the win of 12.5>his 12.9