Firing on 3 cylinders

StrikeIS

Apr 1, 2009
Va
OK I want to say its my coils but I just wanted to check with you guys. cylinders 1,3,5 are not firing and if they are its so low of a spark I cant see or hear it. I tested the coils ohms and got 1.1 and I beleive it should be around 0.3 to 0.5 ohms on an 89 turboed. I also checked the plugs that go into the coils and they have 11.86 volts, so they are ok. I did check the ignitor and I couldnt get a reading from it which made no sence to me cause I got the 11.86 volts on the harness plugs that go to the coils. The only other thing I can think of would be the CPS which I dont know much about like how to check it or anything. So what do you think is causing it to do this.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
usually coils will go out in pairs too, like 1-6 2-5 and 3-4. check your codes,wires,plugs.

StrikeIS

Apr 1, 2009
Va
No codes. I had a o2 sensor code and replaced the o2 sensor and code went away and there are no other codes. I replaced the plugs twice and replaced the wires. The only thing I can think of is the coils or the CPS. I will be checking the air gap tomorrow as soon as I get a feeler gauge.