firewall pass thru

sharpsupra

Aug 14, 2011
georgia
anyone know a good place to get a 4ga power wire thru the firewall. im gettin ready to do my amp install . dont wanna drill any holes if i dont have to ...thanks:icon_bigg

suprastupid

Apr 4, 2010
tx
Plenty of places.. ecu harness grommet, driver side fusebox grommet under the fender and if you have a auto then there's the hole where the clutch master goes...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
The left hand side grommet is (IMO) best. It's on the same side as the battery, so the cable run is shorter under the hood, there's plenty of room in there, and it comes out somewhere kind of useful inside the car. You can add into it easily without compromising the integrity, and don't need to add any grommeting. The easiest way to get to it is to remove the inner fender piece, and you can get easy access to it from under the fender.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Personally, I favor running it outside the car to the rear, then putting a new hole in the floor. I just pulled down the existing cable run on the driver side, put my cable in there, ran it over the rear subframe, over the top of the fuel tank, then through into the hatch near the license plate. Drill through, add grommet, pull wire, and you're done.

sharpsupra

Aug 14, 2011
georgia
thanks. still havnt got to it yet:aigo: got a couple linear power amps i had to fix up a lil bit. put in sum new rca jacks and replaced the power wires. every time i think about doing the install i remember i need more parts and have to order some other shit:cry: ill get to it tho....:ugh:

sharpsupra

Aug 14, 2011
georgia
2 LP"s and a 4ch critical mass....should be sweet....wooot!
6237192415_53b193ce82_m.jpg

Last edited: