Firefox 2.0 and Alt-S to save messages

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Firefox 2.0 and Alt-S to save messages

I'm fond of the shortcut Alt+S to submit my replies.

But now I found the shortcut has been occupied by the History menu shortcut. You can either use Shift-Alt+S to submit or you can change it back to how it was using these steps:

- Type in 'about:config' in the address bar of Firefox.
- In the FILTER bar, type in 'ui.key.c'
- Right click ui.key.chromeAccess and select Modify. Change value to 5
- Right click ui.key.contentAccess and select Modify. Change value to 4

This will allow you to use Alt for webpage shortcuts and Shift-Alt for Firefox's menu shortcuts.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
ALt-S is a common shortcut for send. It works for most forum software, email, and instant messaging clients. CTRL-ENTER is the other one.

Those of us that use keyboard shortcuts for everything (because they are FASTER than the mouse) get grumpy when they stop working.

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
GrimJack said:
ALt-S is a common shortcut for send. It works for most forum software, email, and instant messaging clients. CTRL-ENTER is the other one.

Those of us that use keyboard shortcuts for everything (because they are FASTER than the mouse) get grumpy when they stop working.

Amen. When I started discovering them I wondered how I ever got along w/o them.
My biggest annoyance is Limewire & Photoshop CS2 for my Mac, Command-M is minimize on every other flippin Mac Software, on Photoshop its the color mode or something, and it does nothing w/ Limewire. I hate that.....