Financing a Scion tC

Kroze

Lifetaker, heartbreaker.
Mar 30, 2005
South Jersey
My friend is looking to buy a Scion tC by the end of this month. So today i took him to the dealer and ask some preliminary questions regarding rates & trade-in value.

The guy at the dealer gave him a 13.45% interest rate!! saying that he's a "ghost" with no credit history.

I'm like wtf.

He's getting $1000 for his trade in (94 jetta)

with $3000 saved up for down payment, he's going to finance $14k.

The salesman claimed that the interest rate is non-negotiable. i'm like wtf? is this for real? they claimed that scion prices & interest rates are non negotiable....

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
awesome

-joe
p6895_1.gif

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Boostedstr8six said:
Is this one of those "just off base" used car lots?
Gotta look out for those. Whenever someone in-processes here, part of our commander's briefing includes a little something about used car lots off base. Apparently there were people who were tricked into buying cars at 20%-30% APR. Insane.

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
no, @ scion there is no negotiation. "pure pricing". a concept similar to the old saturn "no haggle." we have like, 16, toyota/scion dealers here in the houston area. doesn`t matter where you go, same price. discounting is against scion "covenant" agreement. if they do, scion does not give them their car allocations. i.e.- no cars=no sales. if you want it, buy it. btw, trd supercharger will be out @ the end of april for it. personally, i`d sell the other car out-right and get kbb retail.

Kroze

Lifetaker, heartbreaker.
Mar 30, 2005
South Jersey
bryanintexas said:
no, @ scion there is no negotiation. "pure pricing". a concept similar to the old saturn "no haggle." we have like, 16, toyota/scion dealers here in the houston area. doesn`t matter where you go, same price. discounting is against scion "covenant" agreement. if they do, scion does not give them their car allocations. i.e.- no cars=no sales. if you want it, buy it. btw, trd supercharger will be out @ the end of april for it. personally, i`d sell the other car out-right and get kbb retail.

I know scions are fixed pricing. but interest rates on the loan? that is BS because they said that's fixed too..

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
americanjebus said:
my neighbor has one, sorry somewhat ok looking but why? better off buying a used evo.
..because it's a "Toyota"..?
I think it has to do with Toyota's reliability and reputation for excellence, image, features, and marketing - they are all appealing to the young crowd. I have to admit, the sunroof is very cool. I mean, it's not a TARGA or anything, but still cool. If the car was RWD I would consider buying one.

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
go test drive one. they`re actually pretty neat for a $17k car. personally, i`d go neon srt4 if i were to buy a fwd, or wrx. just an opinion.

Kroze

Lifetaker, heartbreaker.
Mar 30, 2005
South Jersey
americanjebus said:
my neighbor has one, sorry somewhat ok looking but why? better off buying a used evo.

Because it's the best value out there? Everything is pretty much standard on the car, Power everything, Sunroof, High perf. tires, Big ass disc brakes all around, mp3 cd player standard, fun car to drive with 160lbs torque.

all that for $16,600. can't find a better value.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
i think its pretty sad to think thats what our current market has to offer for affordable power. there realy isnt much on the market from toyota in tearms of torque. they need to take the celica and put a turbocharged tundra v6 in it. the mr2 is just....... it looks like a weird kind of bug.