finally got one

holdbrooks

Aug 24, 2006
Alaslama
whats up all I have been a member for a while, I know the Birmingham people, staticpat (my roommate) and met a bunch of people at the AL dyno meet. I bought mk3jesse's car and swapped the motor in. and got it running and brought it back to alaslama.

dualsuprasch3.jpg

20070331dsc4091rz6.jpg

dcp1344xe2.jpg

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
It's still not running at full potential, there are a couple issues to work out, but it hasn't blown up yet. Apparently it ate 3 quarts of oil in 700 miles. Still don't know where they went.

It's definetly a great starting point, the paint is in real nice shape, piles of old dealer receipts, and fresh engine. Teehee notice the blue racing tape in the engine bay.

Mk3Jesse

Fire is my friend.
Oct 22, 2006
Augusta, GA
www.myspace.com
staticpat said:
It's still not running at full potential, there are a couple issues to work out, but it hasn't blown up yet. Apparently it ate 3 quarts of oil in 700 miles. Still don't know where they went.

It's definetly a great starting point, the paint is in real nice shape, piles of old dealer receipts, and fresh engine. Teehee notice the blue racing tape in the engine bay.
Dang 3 quarts? mabey a oil pan leak? thats insane though.
haha i want my racing tape back :naughty: jk.

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Nah no oil drips anywhere, but it does smoke after a long drive. We are leaning towards the turbo oil seals for now. Other than that it is a mystery. We fixed a TPS code today and found that the timing was off by like 10 degrees, so it pulls better but still seems weak.

Thanks jetjock for noticing that, could be one of problems right there.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Now that I think about it that port is on the manifold side of the throttle plate when the plate is closed. It's the EGR one (the one you have capped) that's ported. So what you have there will work but because of the orifice in that port you're using the FPR may be slow to respond to manifold vacuum. The port on the TB you're using for the FPR should be going to the CBV. Looks like you have the CBV plumbed to the intake manifold. Swap those two lines around. It's all the same in a vacuum sense but it's better if the FPR "feels" the manifold directly.