Finally got my car back!

Kyle87T

Banned
Aug 4, 2005
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Well its been a long ride. I dont even know where to start. Well here it goes...

Once upon a time, there was a Supra that was heading for the carwash. My dad spotted it up north from me and knew exactly what it was. It was something I had always dreamed of. He pulled the guy over and offered to buy the car from him. We ended up buying it a week later. I was all excited because it was my first car and it was also my favourite car. (my dad is building a cottage up north, this is for the future of this story) My dad has a business partner to help build my cottage. So basically he knows a guy in the area who would help fix the power steering leak and some break issues. Those issues were fixed and were sitting at the shop for a while because my dad was too lazy to pick it up. So, my dads business partner decides to take it to his place. Here is where my dream turns into a nightmare, he took my car and my dads boat ransom for money which he will never get, the cops got involved and now I have my car. He enjoyed the doughnuts and burnouts he did in it because now my clutch is blown. There is a 4 foot long key scratch on the passenger side and massive scuff marks on the rear bumper.

I have a few questions if you guys dont mind. I have gone through a rough 10 months and I just want to get it fixed as soon as possible.

#1 What is the best clutch to get that will support between 350-450? I am guessing a Spec 3, is this what everyone is getting? I am very car illiterate and I just want my car to run knowing my clutch wont blow out the day I get it.

#2 How much money could I get for my sound system? (See bottom of post)

#3 #3 The previous owner said there is an MBC in the engine bay. I can't find it, where should I look?

Here are the pictures I took today. I will take more tomorrow. There is rust and ripped seats and all kinds of nonsense.

p222645_1.jpg

p222645_2.jpg

p222645_3.jpg

p222645_4.jpg

p222645_5.jpg

p222645_6.jpg

p222645_7.jpg

p222645_8.jpg

p222645_9.jpg

Video:

I am selling my entire sound system. It is still in the car, I will get pictures of that tomorrow. What I have if I can remember correctly is this:

- 2 15" Solo Barics Subwoofers (Set in an enclosure)
- Pheonix Gold Amp
- Rockford Fosgate Amp 400watts
- Alpine Deck (sattelite radio compatibility)
- Alpine 6CD changer
- Some power surge thingy, the lighting ones
- A set of tweeters

How much can I get for a setup like this?

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
nice looking Supra, to bad you had to go through all that trouble with it though.
As far as Clutches, i have an XTD stage 3 clutch and their lightweight FW, i got it off Ebay for cheap! course, most of the guys on these boards dont like stuff from Ebay, soooo, maybe go with the Spec Stage 3. Check the parts review section.
Check underneath the IC piping coming off the 3000 pipe, under that horribly installed aftermarket BOV... it should be in that region.

92turbo4life

Banned
Sep 12, 2005
wherever
nice car man. you said it is your 1st car so i take it your 15ish 16ish about my age? anyways badass ride. i think you could get around 800 to 1000 for your sytem. i dunno though:) the tails are nice too! but id ditch that tach and whats up with the bov. lol clean engine though how many miles?

Kyle87T

Banned
Aug 4, 2005
92turbo4life said:
nice car man. you said it is your 1st car so i take it your 15ish 16ish about my age? anyways badass ride. i think you could get around 800 to 1000 for your sytem. i dunno though:) the tails are nice too! but id ditch that tach and whats up with the bov. lol clean engine though how many miles?

25k on rebuilt engine. I am 18 :D

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
wow that is really really nice. i usually dont go for hte pre 89's but that is a really clean car.

lose the monster tach if you dont need it
and if your looking for the mbc try looking underneath your accordian hose. there is a vacuum line that runs from the turbo outlet to your wastegate, look under there and look for any thing/or line that is tapped into the wg. follow it until you find your mbc.

more engine shots piz.

Kyle87T

Banned
Aug 4, 2005
I have more great news. My turbo is WASTED!!!!! I pulled the accordian and IC pipes today to take a look at the turbine and here is what I found.

p223647_1.jpg

How do I know if it is upgraded or not? I was told it was a 60trim, but it might be a 57.

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
Kyle87T said:
I have more great news. My turbo is WASTED!!!!! I pulled the accordian and IC pipes today to take a look at the turbine and here is what I found.

p223648_1.jpg
holy crap! that turbo is shot....upgrade time!

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Paint looks clean. IHI is right, you need to come up with a better method for mounting you BOV. And as always, Allan & IJ are being fuggers.:biglaugh:

Kyle87T

Banned
Aug 4, 2005
rakkasan said:
Paint looks clean. IHI is right, you need to come up with a better method for mounting you BOV. And as always, Allan & IJ are being fuggers.:biglaugh:

The paint is actually really crappy, the car was just wet when I took the pics. I ordered a full set of cooleeze IC pipes with an HKS SSQV BOV, so that gets rid of the shitty bov problem.