Finally got a 4Runner

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
Hey SM, been a while.
I doubt if anyone here really remembers, but if you scroll through my thread history you'd probably find a bunch of "Other car" threads where I intended to buy a piece of junk and build from it. Well, up until now I've been full of hot air.

I've always like the third gen 4Runners. Unfortunately, I've never been much of a fan of automatics, and while I loved the third gens, I shortly discovered that finding a 5 speed was all but impossible.

Hop back in the DeLorean and dial in to last week and I once again did the impossible - I found a 5 speed, 1999 4runner in pretty spectacular condition. Not without it's problems, but it felt like it was meant to be, so I made it happen.

So... Time for eye candy! Unfortunately I'm currently without a camera, so dealer photos will have to do.

p1679896_1.jpg

p1679896_2.jpg

p1679896_3.jpg

p1679896_4.jpg

p1679896_5.jpg

And for the bad - the sunroof's motor is dead, both bumpers are pretty dented up, and there's a pretty bad spot of cracked paint on the roof (shown below). I haven't gotten an official quote, but I've heard it'll be close to $2000 to get all of this fixed.

p1679896_6.jpg

Just thought I'd share my new toy. Plans from this point: Fix the little problems and of course regular maintenance. ;)