Final pics, finally done !

Flywest

May 31, 2005
Quebec , Canada
Hi everyone, after 2 years , it's finally done . Some might remember me from here SM and SF.

Picture were taken at the Quebec SCP show this weekend. Of course out of the 200-300 cars, I was the only MK3 supra :p

Attachments

• DSCN1994 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1994 (Large).JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 439
  • DSCN1995 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1995 (Large).JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 354
  • DSCN1996 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1996 (Large).JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 379
  • DSCN1997 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1997 (Large).JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 223
  • DSCN1998 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1998 (Large).JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 288

Flywest

May 31, 2005
Quebec , Canada
More ! :)
Some pics are fuzzy, sorry about that .

Attachments

• DSCN1999 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1999 (Large).JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 295
  • DSCN2010 (Large).JPG
    DSCN2010 (Large).JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 285
  • DSCN2011 (Large).JPG
    DSCN2011 (Large).JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 321
  • DSCN2012 (Large).JPG
    DSCN2012 (Large).JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 255

Justin727

T-virus infected
car looks great. if theres bling to be had theres a shit load in the engine bay that needs it. Take somethings to the powder coater! give it some more time and that car will be in magizines! I love it already! Keep it up man that car has alot of BLING potentional in it!

Toycoma

Four Door Drifter
Apr 2, 2005
new jersey
Brewster said:
Car looks sweet! But you kinda need a bumper.
it has a bumper, thats what the big metal thing infront of the intercooler is. but yeah, looks good and would look better if you showed a pic with the bumper cover on it.

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Toycoma said:
it has a bumper, thats what the big metal thing infront of the intercooler is. but yeah, looks good and would look better if you showed a pic with the bumper cover on it.

You knew what I meant..

Flywest

May 31, 2005
Quebec , Canada
Justin727 said:
car looks great. if theres bling to be had theres a shit load in the engine bay that needs it. Take somethings to the powder coater! give it some more time and that car will be in magizines! I love it already! Keep it up man that car has alot of BLING potentional in it!

Yeah, we ran out of time. Intake manifold will be polished, as well as the exhaust mani. There is some finition to do in the engine bay , but it's not the main goal right now, which was getting her running.

CtSupra said:
looking good! what size turbo? sp71?

Garrett GT35R dual bb exhaust side 0.82 AR

Thanks for the comments guys, it's been alot of pain/work/headaches/money.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
MDCmotorsports said:
Did any one else notice the anti lag switch inside the car?

How does that work bTW?

Yeah, the antilag, launch and sm2? Details man... And no shifter knob?

Car looks great... Motor looks great... Who did your ffim? What kind of exhaust mani are you using? Got any numbers on that set up?

Mr.SelfDestruct

I build planes... yeah...
May 27, 2005
everett, WA
you're missing a side marker... naw, j/k...sorry for the retarded arrows... nice car,

Attachments

• Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 81

FredMk3

mk3 for life!
Mar 30, 2005
Sept-Iles/Quebec
www.cardomain.com
The car is not done yet, so who cares if there's some details left to do. He was not there to win the show, but to represent, which he did nicely.

Flywest: Very nice man! It went a long way from where it was a long time ago. Great to see it finally being practically finish and running. Can'T wait to see it run, and the dyno numbers! ;)

Keep it up! :D

Flywest

May 31, 2005
Quebec , Canada
MDCmotorsports said:
Did any one else notice the anti lag switch inside the car?

How does that work bTW?

Thanks for inquiring. This link will explain it better than I will ever be able to

http://www.autronic.com/technical_data_files/antilag.pdf

Reign_Maker said:
Yeah, the antilag, launch and sm2? Details man... And no shifter knob?

Car looks great... Motor looks great... Who did your ffim? What kind of exhaust mani are you using? Got any numbers on that set up?

shifter knob ? it was not on the car cause I don't want it to be jacked . Besides I have to make the short shiftstick mod so...

SM2 switch is to power up the Autronic SM2 Stand Alone Engine Management.
Launch control is some sort of traction control, it cuts the fire in the cylinders so you have better traction, it is used in motorsports, most notably in Formula 1 ( although probably to a very higher degree and tech )
Antilag : see above link .

FFIM was custom made by a local shop, Turbo Tech, here in Quebec City
Same thing for the exhaust manifold setup.

Sorry no numbers yet, probably won't have until spring as winter is coming over here.

Brewster said:
Yeah I saw that too, gave me a chuckle. Maybe he's running nitrous? :dunno:

I'm glad you found it amusing... See above link. This car is all motor, no nitro of some sort will ever be used.

Last edited:

Flywest

May 31, 2005
Quebec , Canada
IJ. said:
FlyWest: So if I'm reading the PDF correctly you hit AL then it idles at 2600 and you launch?

it will idle to whatever the solenoid is set at and in the ECU also. It then builds up boost and you launch . I will get you more details when I get the car running smoothly. Then I'll be able to work with that feature.

:)

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
IJ: antilag is another name for a two-step rev limiter. of sorts...
true antilag is what you will generally see on rally cars. the spit-backfire between shifts. a real antilag setup will read the throttle position and when it drops below a certain % value, it will activate it by retarding timing up to 30 degrees in most devices. this turns the exhaust manifold/header area into a combustion chamber and keeps the turbo spooled.

what he has is more likely a clutch-switch operated antilag, which will do almost the same thing, only it acts as a launch enhancer by spooling the turbo at a set rpm limit so you can launch with more accuracy and more boost.

plus it sounds awesome. i have a vid of it on a mitsubishi eclipse. i'll see if i cant post 'er up for ya

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Flywest
well worth the hard work. i love it.
i would be in tears if i saw that at a show. is that the goliath exhaust?
love the no bumper cover look, myself... just looks all business and real mean.
good job.

it appears that your bird is gone, however. lol
attachment.php