Filipinos

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Raising this thread from the dead. Who in supramania is filipino/filipina and lives is socal?

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Who in supramania is filipino/filipina, lives in socal, have a positive attitude towards all other filipinos/filipinas, at merong Supra na tumatakbo? Yung mga haters , hindi na kailang sumagot sa akin.

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
neh, i admit, im not as "prideful" to be filipino as others who are and what i said may have been a little out of line, but i am a filipino here on supramania with an opinion and a voice. being filipino here in socal, (or at least where i live) tends to be more of an image rather than a true embracement of the actual culture and it's history itself ( not that i know anything). nothing wrong with that i suppose, yet it tends to get a little out of hand like the sun and stars used as a means for decorative intentions (shirts, car stickers, shoes, tattoos blah blah blah, that being filipino is nothing but a fashion statement, but by all means go ahead) that and the encouragement to ridicule our own kind for enjoyment (fake fobby accents, that shit gets old..)

i took a filipino studies class not too long ago, and it was interesting. really what ive gathered from that course was that, we are not really all that well structured in terms of a community here in the United States, (lol i guess im not helping that cause too much by being in this thread orrrr, maybe i am?) but i mean, when you reside in a heavily populated filipino town (with lots and lots of them being high school kids who do not have any clue as to who they are yet represent spiritedly) you just find yourself not really into it. or at least for me. its just so overly saturated youve become tiredsome of it (where the word "corny" comes to mind) . but i guess, if youre filipino, youre filipino.

simply put, theres just no awareness and concern like that of other marginalized groups and shiz within America, and yeah whatever. no one cares. activism does not exist, nor are we an outspoken group of people. er so says all these books and crap.

however, i love that i am filipino, wouldnt have it any other way.

thats all i gotta say. alriight on with the thread and yeah, woo.

Last edited:

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
I'm not into the Filipino "fad" and I don't like to downplay our people. I just love our people. Plan and simple.

So where are the other Socal Filipinos at? I'd like to have a Hella Pinoy meet.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Where are the Filipino supra owners at?

Filipino driving style!

[video=youtube_share;S_rBUPW-6c8]http://youtu.be/S_rBUPW-6c8[/video]

[video=youtube_share;sphOclP-zuc]http://youtu.be/sphOclP-zuc[/video]

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Used to work with a guy from the Philippines, was a rather fun guy to work with. Bit nuts, but he didn't drive like THAT Rodel. :rofl:

Makes me wonder what accident rates are like over there. Traffic seems to flow smoothly enough...

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
te72;1897852 said:
Used to work with a guy from the Philippines, was a rather fun guy to work with. Bit nuts, but he didn't drive like THAT Rodel. :rofl:

Makes me wonder what accident rates are like over there. Traffic seems to flow smoothly enough...

That video was taken in the province area where vehicle are few.

This is what real driving in the Philippines is like. People drive in between lanes and turn from every lane. Ironically, accidents are few.

[video=youtube;roctQEecsE8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roctQEecsE8[/video]

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
That is clearly Sparta in that video, for that... was madness. :aigo:

How there aren't accidents in every lane every couple minutes, I have no idea... that's amazing.

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
In the early 80s I lived there, south of Manila.

My neighbors ate my dog after it was hit and killed by a car.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
te72;1898260 said:
That is clearly Sparta in that video, for that... was madness. :aigo:

How there aren't accidents in every lane every couple minutes, I have no idea... that's amazing.

Filipinos know driving.