FFIM or REG mani??

ts_MKIII

Aug 8, 2005
Virginia Beach
Just wondering guys, i just got an new Intercooler 28x11.75x3 and i was wondering if i would be better of with a regular intake mani, or with a FFIM.

I want to keep my bat where it is if possible.

But i mean if its better to do a FFIM and move the bat thats cool.

Who thinks apperance wise, whats better.

kamil

87T Targa
Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
Appearance wise AND performance wise you'll be better off with a front facing intake manifold. You cut out about 3+ feet of intake piping with a FFIM. Stock is of course, cheaper ;)

ts_MKIII

Aug 8, 2005
Virginia Beach
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well does any one know if my IC will fit, and how can i get ic pipes for a FFi?

i was just wondering how i would do a FFI

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
i believe that would fit but im not positive... now to fit the ic for a ffi is easier since its not as much piping... but if you do a ffi you are going to need to buy the ffi which is like 900 or so depending on things... then you have to relocate alternator and extend throttle cable... you will need custom pipes for a ffi

i would imagine if you are doing a ffi that it wouldnt be hard at all... i wouldnt attempt a ffi unless i had money and experience

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
bigal0043 said:
i believe that would fit but im not positive... now to fit the ic for a ffi is easier since its not as much piping... but if you do a ffi you are going to need to buy the ffi which is like 900 or so depending on things... then you have to relocate alternator and extend throttle cable... you will need custom pipes for a ffi

i would imagine if you are doing a ffi that it wouldnt be hard at all... i wouldnt attempt a ffi unless i had money and experience

900? Ron sells them for almost half that!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
28" should fit between the rails no probs.

You could buy an IC pipe kit and piece it together then have it welded it all depends on your skill level.

FFIM contact Ron there's nothing comparable for the price he charges!

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Sethron sells great manifolds. I attest to his quality and price. Of course him and Ron are friends I believe LOL.

Either way, going with a FFIM set up is EASIER and better in the long run. Looks great and flows more predictably in high boost load conditions. And you have the option of going with a huge TB ( Q45 90mm).

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
not to high jack this but if you change the size of the throtle body. Don't you need to re-tune everything. The ECU is based on a certain size throtle allowing only so much if you change it dont you need to change all the fuel maps, based on the lager throtle opening the same throtle postion would be letting in a very different amount of air. Or is it expected that if you go FFIM you are already running MAP instead of AFM. if you run a MAP would you need to adjust for the larger TB or because it is a MAP sensor after the TB it will atomaticly adjust for you.

Also with the FFIM is it really a big difference with a large TB as well. i understand that the FFIM is a big difference but is a slightly bigger TB that big on a deal. what is the size of the TB of the 2JZ? just as a refrence

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Its called an SAFC/II

anywho,
Just put it this way, 1000+whp supra's and GTR's do not run out of breath running a Q45 TB. Why should anyone question a 85mm TB?:aigo:

You need to quit questioning and just UNDERSTAND that things just WORK.

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
siman said:
Its called an SAFC/II

anywho,
Just put it this way, 1000+whp supra's and GTR's do not run out of breath running a Q45 TB. Why should anyone question a 85mm TB?:aigo:

You need to quit questioning and just UNDERSTAND that things just WORK.

LOL ok ok...

i did think of the SAFC/II but thought that still does not compensate for the larger opening. it is just a piggyback. yes i gues you could tune it through the entire rpm range do you have proper A/F. but i was not thinking that way. air flow is the same a fluid flow larger opening mean allot more air in the same amount of time. does anyone know exactly how much more air you are letting into the intake Mani.

well that was kind of why i was asking as well. if 1000+HP cars need a 90mm TB then our stock on or one of of a 2JZ should be more then fine for a long way to go