FFIM my next purchase for my never ending Supra rollercoaster life.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
So I'm planing on soon enough purchasing a FFIM from Seth (sleeper designs) but i a few questions and thoughts about how I want to run and set it up.

At first I plan on just running a stock ECU,ISC,TPS

Questions start with the keeping or ditching the egr should I keep it and ask Seth to custom make me a flange for it ?

I will be using the stock wiring harness. How have most solved the length issue for the new locations of the TPS and ISC?

Also what do you do with the coolant lines to the stock throttle body and ISC also for the hole in the head that runs through the stock Intake manifold?

I just want to be completely prepared and aware of all before making such a big purchase.

Any help,ideas,opinions are appreciated and welcome.

Thanks Jordan

Edit this is a picture of what I plan on going with.

p1856485_1.jpg

seacombe2379

7M + MaftPro = FUN
Nov 22, 2009
Grangemouth, United Kingdom
For the coolant lines for the ICS and TB jus bypas them it only stops them from freezing up in really cold condtions and with you been in AZ that will never get cold enough to do it

with EGR do you throw codes if you unplug it??

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
My car is a California car it will throw code 71 is the egr temp sensor is unplugged. (Stock ecu)

But i am no longer running a California ecu I now am running a harness and ecu from a ARIZONA car. This ecu does not throw code 71 but the harness still has a plug for the egr temp sensor.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
The only plug that will need not be used is the the egr temp sensor.

And I'm assuming ill just have to extend the ISC and TPS plugs to reach?

Thanks for the clarification.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Also what are some ideas for changing the way the pcv system works because stock will no longer do as the postion of the throttle body will be changed.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
I'd be more careful of removing the EGR, it's more than "slightly higher EGT's"...

http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...eresting-Effect-on-EGT&highlight=EGR* removal

You also need to be very aware of any detonation under partial throttle (especially when going uphill) if you remove the EGR. Honestly, I'd keep it unless you are changing the ECU to standalone. Post 12 in that thread jdub mentions that he's tried adjusting the fuel mixtures using the screw in the AFM and the stock ECU still tries to correct it, so there's no real way of getting around the "EGR tune" without going standalone.