FFIM for 2JZGE in MK3? Help!

suprarick

May 3, 2007
Texas
Hey guys,

Hope all is well,

I am going the Front Facing Intake Manifold (FFIM) route and am probably going to run into fitment issues since the MK3 engine bay is smaller than the SC300 or MK4 Supra engine bays. The brake booster and battery may get in the way in the MK3. I am leaning towards the "PNT" intake manifold as it seems to be getting better reviews than the $100 xspower intake manifold. I'll show you pictures of the two manifolds below. Anyway, I just want to be sure before I buy the PNT Intake Manifold that I get all the parts I need and to be sure it will work.

From my understanding, the PNT Intake Manifold (below) will not fit unless you hammer away at your stock booster or use a toyota pickup truck brake booster. The weld are nice and you have a choice of either q45 flange or PNT's generic flange. It seems the battery will need to be re-located and power steering reservoir will need to be altered in order for it to fit in the MK3 engine bay with the 2JZGE. I'm pretty sure this is it.. I hope it doesn't hit the driver's side firewall but from the picture below, it seems that it won't.
PNT Intake Manifold.jpg

Now below is the cheaper xspower manifold which may fit with the stock MK3 brake booster, but I hear they have some issues and don't fit the Q45 throttle body well and don't distribute the air as well as the above PNT Intake Manifold.
xspower intake manifold.jpg

Does anyone have any advice or experience they can share with me? Thank you! :icon_bigg