Ffim conversion on 7mgte turbo

Jahmarc

Apr 22, 2012
Marysville
Hi there I'm new to this an I'm not sure how this website works but I'm trying to figure it out as I go.... I
Have an 89 supra mk3 7mgte model an I have a custom made front facing intake manifold given to me..... But I am not sure what all I would need for the conversion beside the throttle body can anyone help me pls?

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
You will need a new throttle cable. What inter cooler are you using? Because you will need new piping and a BOV. What turbo are you using? and any other upgrades to warrant using the FFIM?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ffim is a good upgrade. Way less ic piping.

Need opposite side ic.
Alt drop down bracket.
Throttle cable.
Ic pipes.

spekter

Sep 16, 2011
AZ
I'm probably going the same route on my 7M. Any ideas on what throttle cables work well for this setup? or do i need a custom made one?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
SURUKO;1854156 said:
94 toyota Camry V6 will work, please do some research 90% of 7m's here had gone FFIM here so the topic its a bit beaten.

90% of 7m is still on stock manifold. 90% of 7m owners have gone to jz.

ttsupra2503

6'8 BC Giant
Feb 28, 2012
Kelowna, BC
I am wondering what the reasoning behind the post where a FFIM makes you loose torque. I am considering making my own intake manifold considering the cost of one is upwards of 1000 bucks (for anything good at least)

I will continue searching for parts/answers but I plan on running one of these and I always do dyno before and after major upgrades