ffim available in the near future?

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
gofastgeorge;1379634 said:
Not to rain on Ron's manifolds,
but the junction between the plennum, and the port runners is no where near as nice as the LIPP.
The LIPP has a nice radius, and is actually larger at the junction,
making for a nice funnel shape, that gives better flow.

You are not raining on my manifolds :) But, how do you define nice? Describe nice please. You can only make so much radius with a thin sheetmetal compared to thick cast piece. Bigger doesn't mean nicer.

The LIPP manifold is something I'd buy and if I didn't make manifolds and want one for a 7m.

Now look at the pictures below.
clean1.JPG

clean2.JPG

DSC04056.JPG

Which pictures show "nicer" not "bigger" junction between the plenum and the port runners.

Guys, just please let him answer this. Just that. Thanks.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
"Nice" is subjective....

They would both need to go on a flow bench to see which is actually "nicer" and even then it wouldn't tell the true story of how each reacts when pressurised.

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Ron...we have NO problem with you or your work, you are an EXCELLENT metal worker. We have a complete different product, the pic is of a proof casting, it is not a saleable casting. The core lines and perosity is what this casting is for, the tooling is being corrected as I type and those issues will be gone...we at LIPP cannot weld aluminum at all, so we machine our parts. Ron you can weld and do a damn fine job so I really don't want to have any issues between us. We never had ANYONE'S FFIM here when we did our design. We wanted to make on of our own not a copy of anyone's.

Once the casting is polished it will looks nice and smooth so no one should worry about the lines you see. The lines and "dimples" are very small and will dissappear once the full production run is done.

EGR:
The EGR is being worked on next week. We are finishing Greg's 3000 vr4 and once that is done I will be able to pull my Supra in to make the line for the EGR setup. We have provided flange ports on the casting already and I am just making up an adapter line to make the stock EGR to work....it's always something

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
SupraSportJack;1380103 said:
Ron...we have NO problem with you or your work, you are an EXCELLENT metal worker. We have a complete different product, the pic is of a proof casting, it is not a saleable casting. The core lines and perosity is what this casting is for, the tooling is being corrected as I type and those issues will be gone...we at LIPP cannot weld aluminum at all, so we machine our parts. Ron you can weld and do a damn fine job so I really don't want to have any issues between us. We never had ANYONE'S FFIM here when we did our design. We wanted to make on of our own not a copy of anyone's.

Once the casting is polished it will looks nice and smooth so no one should worry about the lines you see. The lines and "dimples" are very small and will dissappear once the full production run is done.

EGR:
The EGR is being worked on next week. We are finishing Greg's 3000 vr4 and once that is done I will be able to pull my Supra in to make the line for the EGR setup. We have provided flange ports on the casting already and I am just making up an adapter line to make the stock EGR to work....it's always something

Nope, the last thing I'd want is to have issues with you or suprasport. I just want to know where he based his comment. Once the cast piece is cleaned up, it will be even nicer :D

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
jt2ma71;1380116 said:
Nope, the last think I'd want is to have issues with you or suprasport. I just want to know where he based his comment. Once the cast piece is cleaned up, it will be even nicer :D

We really are laid back here so we have issues with VERY few people.
Thats the beuty of forums comments and reactions, gotta love it.

Once cleaned up it will be much better

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
jt2ma71;1380090 said:
You are not raining on my manifolds :) But, how do you define nice? Describe nice please. You can only make so much radius with a thin sheetmetal compared to thick cast piece. Bigger doesn't mean nicer.

You have nice radius for a sheet metal manifold, I agree.
But the flow will not be as 'nice' as one like this:
4633690140_large.jpg

But I have only seen this applied to your 2JZ manifolds, not a 7M.

If a small radius is as 'nice' as a larger ones,
there would be no need for velocity stacks on things like ITBs, etc..
But the fact is, flow is better when it is gradually sped up going into a runner.

Maybe I used the wrong term.
I was in no way implying a lack of workmanship, which on the stuff of yours that I have seen,
as always been immaculate.

I just think that the flow potential is higher on one like your 2JZ manifold, or this new LIPP unit.

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
gofastgeorge;1380159 said:
You have nice radius for a sheet metal manifold, I agree.
But the flow will not be as 'nice' as one like this:
4633690140_large.jpg

But I have only seen this applied to your 2JZ manifolds, not a 7M.

If a small radius is as 'nice' as a larger ones,
there would be no need for velocity stacks on things like ITBs, etc..
But the fact is, flow is better when it is gradually sped up going into a runner.

Maybe I used the wrong term.
I was in no way implying a lack of workmanship, which on the stuff of yours that I have seen,
as always been immaculate.

I just think that the flow potential is higher on one like your 2JZ manifold, or this new LIPP unit.

The short runner 7m manifold has that same radius as the 2j. The LIPP is like the long runner style, which does not use the flat 3/8" plate, so no big radius.
So anyway, that's enough, I just wanted to clarify where you based your comment. Thanks.

Didn't mean to de rail the thread. Back on topic please. :)

kracin

Sleeper
Apr 1, 2007
aiea hawaii
jt2ma71;1380205 said:
The short runner 7m manifold has that same radius as the 2j. The LIPP is like the long runner style, which does not use the flat 3/8" plate, so no big radius.
So anyway, that's enough, I just wanted to clarify where you based your comment. Thanks.

Didn't mean to de rail the thread. Back on topic please. :)

why entertain people like this ron.. lol posting pictures of different style manifolds when the topic is about a certain type.

the lipp manifold looks great, and its amazing that we finally have more options for intake manifolds and we arent limited to the at home hacking of the stock one to make it front facing.. lol.

its all about opinion when it comes to the manifolds later though. the lipp one looks like it will be a great option, considering its about the same style as the 2jz intake, which will offer good enough flow for almost any amount of hp you can throw at it (depending on the size of the tb, looks like it should be good for 650+).

me personally, i love the look of a hand welded aluminum short runner, which is what i went with.

but good luck with the sales at suprasport,

and keep up the awesome work ron.... im going to be starting welding in school soon to take it up as a career and hope i can make some amazing things like ive seen you make in the future.

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Piratetip;1380326 said:
Any comments on this?

The PCV line is on the stock throttle body iirc. On the aftermarket throttle bodies you can hook up to a vacuum port on the FFIM. The PCV is a simple vacuum that is pulled

Toy-Rific

Jun 8, 2005
Minnesota
First of changes, We have added in to the base price the IAC machined port. I will also have 2 or 3 tapped holes in the back end to put your fittings for vacuum or whatever as part of the base price.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
It is in the stock throttle body, but how many do you expect will be running it?
Just making sure you have included this somehow.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
Piratetip;1380758 said:
It is in the stock throttle body, but how many do you expect will be running it?
Just making sure you have included this somehow.

They allready said there are vacum ports on the back. Not to mention how hard is it to drill and tap:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:, if your going this far, they have, IMO done the FFIM for you. Come on allready...

Canèt wait for the EGR....

Damn ÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈÈès I hate this computer....

scubajtw

SupraSport
Mar 6, 2008
Minnesota
The problem of vacuum will not be an issue. with the 2 or three ports on the back of the manifold one for brakes one for a vacuum manifold and one for PCV. Problem solved. Greg was talking about making the holes big enough that it will flow plenty of vacuum through them if need be.

Also as for people worried about running a factory throttle body for the coolant passages for anti-frosting. This was problem some were talking about. Why not get a good looking one and weld a block on the bottom and run coolant through it. Just drill a hole and tap the ends put barb fitting on it. It would work like a heat sink.