FFIM Advice

blackgamer16

Supra Driver
Apr 27, 2005
Sooner Country
I just purchased Ron's long runner FFIM. And i've ran into a problem of routing my q45 TB and the ISC valve. I was just curious on what all you guys did. I see some pics that some guys didnt bother routing a coolant line to the ISC and really can't tell about the TB. Also would it hurt if i just bypassed the TB and the ISC all together.

Any help be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Blackgamer

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
yes you can bypass the coolant lines for the tbody and isc. they were designed to run thru there to keep them warm and prevent freezing in real cold climates.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
dbsupra90 said:
yes you can bypass the coolant lines for the tbody and isc. they were designed to run thru there to keep them warm and prevent freezing in real cold climates.

yup. thats how i have my ffim also. no reason to keep the coolant running there so just reroute

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
dbsupra90 said:

Like he said/like my PM I sent you.

Duane

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
The Q45 TB has a built in idle speed control unit that is coolant operated. Mostly no one knows this besides myself who figured this out years ago. So if you got idle speed disable cooling lines. and make sure the screws are adjusted accordingly to keep the unit form idling up!

Last edited:

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
QWIKSTRIKE said:
The Q45 TB has a built in idle speed control unit that is coolant operated. Mostly no one knows this besides myself who figured this out years ago. So if you got idle peeed diable cooling lines. and make sure the screws are adjusted accordingly to keep the unit form idling up!

Interesting... my q45 TB auto adjusts idle based on air temp... there are no coolant lines on it.

When the car is warm I have about an 800 rpm idle... when cold about 1200... I don't have an ISC

blackgamer16

Supra Driver
Apr 27, 2005
Sooner Country
QWIKSTRIKE said:
The Q45 TB has a built in idle speed control unit that is coolant operated. Mostly no one knows this besides myself who figured this out years ago. So if you got idle peeed diable cooling lines. and make sure the screws are adjusted accordingly to keep the unit form idling up!

That makes sense, am not too worried about the idle and if i do get an idle problem i'll just adjust like everybody has mentioned.

Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate a bunch

Blackgamer

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
gixxer750 said:
Interesting... my q45 TB auto adjusts idle based on air temp... there are no coolant lines on it.
gixxer750 said:
When the car is warm I have about an 800 rpm idle... when cold about 1200... I don't have an ISC

Wrong....engine air temps may eventually do the job but water temps from coolant lines does it properly. Just look at the plunger and how it is set up. Again it will work but not like it should with the coolant lines for idle speed. In cold weather coolant heat makes the idle better when it heats up! So in a sense if the weather temps are warm year round it wont be a problem. Here in NY in cold temps it takes a lot of driving in the winter to get engine heat to get the idle to drop.