Few problems (kinda long)

JD7Monster

Jul 6, 2005
Orlando, FL
Alright.. I have a few problems i'm going to go over, maybe someone can help me out.

First off, my starter is going, i believe.. Sometimes it'll start up perfect, no hesitation.. sometimes it wont. When it doesnt thes tarter doesnt even click. I've tried hitting it, nothing. If i let it sit a lil while, it'll start up fine (maybe..)
Before this started, when it wouldnt start i could either give it a boost(jump), or nudge it forward with the clutch engaged, and it would start up right after.

Thats one problem.. heres the next.

As of today its started to stutter/want to die.. when im driving. It hasnt done this at all until now..
On the way home it sounded like it was running oon 3 cylinders, until i floored it and it built boost, than it would power up and run fine.. for about 5 minutes.. than it would start sputtering with anything under WOT..otherwise you have to feather the gas to keep it running while its running so crappy. this is a huge pain in the ass and i have NO clue what could be causing it.

Anyone want to help?

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I live with these problems. I never drive my car - saving the money by not fixing the 7M and putting that cash towards the JZ swap. Turn they key - click. Nothing. Click, click, click. Nudge the car while in gear, click, and it starts.

I love this damn car.

JD7Monster

Jul 6, 2005
Orlando, FL
thats exactly what happened, except now theres no more click.. and its a 50/50 chance wether it will start or not.

Thing is this is my daily driver.. I've been driving it nice too..

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
My guess is that it might be the starter solenoid. I had the same prob,and i've seen it happen to another Supra owner. Shit happens at the most un-opportune time!

solid400

Apr 8, 2005
Atlanta GA
I had the same thing happen to me. Went through 4 starters. Turned out that I had some lose connections in my anti-theft system. Check that.

JD7Monster

Jul 6, 2005
Orlando, FL
Where are the connetions for that? i have the stock alarm, and an aftermarket clifford alarm. I just use the cliffford alarm to lock the doors, basically keyless entry

Boostedstr8six

I have better SA than you
Mar 30, 2005
Near Columbia, the river
It sounds like it might be your alternator or battery. If the alternator isn't working properly your battery will degrade and cause the problems you are having. If you have a multimeter check your alternators output voltage (should be around 14.5 volts). It could be just the battery as well so check it also.

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Remove the black theft control computer from under the dash. It is located up by the steering column. It's a little black box conveniently labeled "Theft Detterent."
Then look at the diagram below, and put a jumper wire between terminals 5 and 13 on connector A.
Page_125.gif

Terminal 13 is the ground for the starter relay. When the theft computer goes berzerk, which it does ever so frequently, the starter relay gets an intermittent ground, and your car develops a tendancy to not start when you need it to.
Terminal 5 is a solid ground that grounds the theft computer. When you jumper 13 to 5, this causes the starter relay to always be grounded, and the car will always start.
Your clifford alarm will continue to work as it always does, and your car should start perfectly.
If this doesn't solve your problem, check the starter.
Hope this helps, -Jake

JD7Monster

Jul 6, 2005
Orlando, FL
Awesome bro, i appreciate all the help, i'll try that tomorrow after work..
I think that might be it cuz hitting the starter wont work.. i did that a bunch cuz i was so pissed off..also gator tire did a free electrical check, and i guess its fine cuz they tried a few different batteries..

Now, how bout the stumbling/sputtering/feels like running on 3cylinders?

JD7Monster

Jul 6, 2005
Orlando, FL
Heres another thing I noticed, the only time it runs crappy/sputters/misses, is after i push start it? starting yesturday.. If it starts up fine it doesnt give me any problems.. Weird..