few issues. fuel pressre and starter wiring

83restomod

Bryan
Feb 11, 2008
clinton NJ
few things going on with the motor now.

1)wont hold fuel pressure via a gauge on the FPR. walbro 255 i can hear it come on only durring cranking not with key "on". i get pressure while cranking but will drop off to 0 after cranking. lines are SS from FPR to rail, rail to FPR and SS down to the return. stock hardlines from there back to tank and from pump to firewall its stock hardline then SS to the FPR.

2) car turn "on" but when i go to crank it wont (like the NSS is not right) but the NSS is wired correctly cause i didnt change it from the previous set up. i can jump the starter with a 12v wire and get the car to crank.

CPS timing is off so i need to pull that again.

1 week till the NE meet........................

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
For the fuel pressure: Clamp off the return line and retest, if it holds you know something in your FPR is wrong

If it still leaks down run the pump to get pressure, then clamp off the feed line and shut off the pump, if it holds, you know something downstream is the problem (fuel pump check valve)

If it still leaks down clamp off the return line again and repeat the second test of clamping off the feed line just to make sure you arent leaking off into more than one place.

If it still leaks down you can narrow it down to something in the rail itself ie leaking injectors.

83restomod

Bryan
Feb 11, 2008
clinton NJ
CyFi6;1170385 said:
For the fuel pressure: Clamp off the return line and retest, if it holds you know something in your FPR is wrong

If it still leaks down run the pump to get pressure, then clamp off the feed line and shut off the pump, if it holds, you know something downstream is the problem (fuel pump check valve)

If it still leaks down clamp off the return line again and repeat the second test of clamping off the feed line just to make sure you arent leaking off into more than one place.

If it still leaks down you can narrow it down to something in the rail itself ie leaking injectors.

thank u very much.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
You can test without cranking by jumping B+ and Fp on the diagnostic block and turning on the ignition key.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
No....the FP is only on during crank and after start. Jump the diagnostic block with the key on like I said if you want to test FP.