ferrea valve train?

super supra dave

Oct 12, 2007
manassas va
hey to all! ok first post, good ? too. i have started my 7mgte build and i got a ferrea valves 1mm over sized, duel springs, seats and retaners, the good stuff. my prob is will the ferrea lockers mach up to the stock valve guides? i read that stock guides are like a bronze-iron alloy and are fine for big HP, but i went ahead and looked for stronger and or lighter guides. i couldnt find anything for the 7m. also do the rockers ajust valve lash by its self? get back to me when ever. thanks

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
There are no rockers on our overhead cam engines. Youneed to adjust lash with shims that sit on top of the buckets(lifters)

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Look at the head again - there are no rockers ;)

You have to manually set valve lash - these are solid lifters, technically speaking.

super supra dave

Oct 12, 2007
manassas va
lol, sorry. yea i was talking about the lifter. still thinking push rod motors. but thanks for telling me i have to set the lash by hand. i just thought about something eals, the lockers sit above the valve guidein no the retainers, right? so it wouldnt matter if i hadstock valve guides? if thats so, the locker woundnt even mess with the valve guide. now with setting the lash, i would have to know the lift of the cam to set the lash right. or is there a lil more to it?

super supra dave

Oct 12, 2007
manassas va
Ferrea Valve Springs - Dual Spring Hi Pressure Setup PN S10027
Variable or Linear: Linear
Seat Pressure: 100lbs
Max Lift: 13.5mm
Coil Bind: 20mm
Pressure @ 13.5mm/.531" lift: ???
***Requires Ferrea retainers and valve springs seat***