Feeler: steering angle kit for mk3

aurastephen

Like ive said before the most expensive part will be the soarer/sc300/sc400 components, id recommend checking online and auto wreckers for the lower control arms, knuckles, brakes and you need the brake lines, or if you wanna be a big baller get the mk4 4 piston calipers they are also direct bolt on.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
So, does this plan do irreversible things to suspension geometry? Meaning, would the car be of any use outside of a track, or are you pretty much converting your car to a toy? These are things that people might want to know. :)

I'll be up front, I really have no need for this, as I've always been a fan of tire life (and with the prices of 315's on 4 wheels, wouldn't you be too?!) and grip, but still enjoy seeing people do new things to old cars...

aurastephen

The geometry will not be drastically out of spec depending on how you set it up when you get the kit. Seeing as this is too improve steering angle I would assume most people would be interested in this to make there mk3 a more capable drift machine soo wearing out tires isnt what im most concerned about as I will be running some pretty mad negative camber, but this can be adjusted to the drivers liking. Im hoping to have some test pieces soon, my fabricator is swamped in work right now soo this has been a slow process thus far.

rodama5anthony

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area, CA
what are our options for the upper control arm? and how are you modifying the knuckles?

i did a quick check for prices off pick and pull and for 4 control arms and 2 spindles with tax will run you about $185 depending on how much your custom parts cost this seems to me like it could be a reasonably priced kit.

aurastephen

As far as upper control arms go you can run stock mk3 uppers but i recomend getting the beech adjustable uppers from driftmotion those are the ones i will be running. 240's stock vs mk3 stock not even close to the same mk3 steering angle is horrible its a joke but this kit will give you much more even then stock 240 angle. If you can find all of the parts used for cheap then your set that is what I did but if you were to buy the lower control arms even on ebay they are extremely pricey. Also everything mattsplat said is the truth!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
aurastephen;1914931 said:
240's stock vs mk3 stock not even close to the same mk3 steering angle is horrible its a joke...
Comparing apples and cucumbers here aren't we? I thought the 240 had a completely different suspension type up front?

Either way, thanks for clearing up the geometry question. :)