Feeler: steering angle kit for mk3

aurastephen

Soo ive been in the works with a good friend of mine, who is a fabricator, and we have been working on a steering angle kit for an mk3. Soo far its still on paper just have some mocked up test pieces but its looking good. It utilizes a soarer/sc300/sc400 spindle with custom one off upper and lower control arms which fixes the past caster issue with using soarer lower control arms and spindles. plus it sets them out about an inch farther over stock and has far more caster/camber adjustability over stock and is ridiculously stronger over stock with all replaceable components. Now obviously to just build one kit is going to be expensive soo im seeing if anyone else would want one of these kits? if so costs will be much cheaper, kits will include the upper and lower control arms and all you will need is to purchase a soarer/sc300/sc400 spindles and brakes then you will have that mad angle mk3's lack soo dearly. (spindles also have to be modified for kit and can be shipped to us to be modified) anybody interested?

aurastephen

At this point in time we dont have a set price. First there has to be a market for it if enough people are interested then we can talk numbers. I will warn you its not going to be a cheap 240sx angle kit it will cost a pretty penny but it also wont compromise in quality my buddy has been fabricating since he was very young with his dad, in the past mostly with offroad/baja trucks soo you know its going to be strong and will last. Like I said its still in the works using my car as the test dummy and trust me if it doesnt fail with me driving it then it wont fail ever. Right now he quoted me 3 grand for the whole kit if i just want one built and call it a day but that price will drop significantly with the right market. If you are curious on his fab skills check out his companies facebook page on what he builds everyday. https://www.facebook.com/groups/294940450619009/

aurastephen

unfortunatly that is the problem. Ill look into maybe a cheap route if possible this was more of a completely custom setup, our other idea was using the stock soarer/sc300/sc400 lower control arm a custom upper (which is cheap and easy to make) and modified knuckles. Ill post up prices when I have them

aurastephen

Been tweaking the suspension bit by bit and we are getting close this should be up and running within the next couple of weeks hopefully and its looking like its going to be substantially cheaper and easier then previously anticipated.

aurastephen

Soo far its very quite simple with using soarer/sc300/sc400 lower control arms and knuckles. The first issue is where the coilover mounts to the lca, soo we have made a bracket to relocate it, that is the simple part. Next is modifying the knuckles for more angle. Also I used a beech performance adjustable upper control arm. With this setup there is far more angle and potential then the stock mk3 setup. I will post pictures soon we are just cleaning them up and getting measurements to exact specs.

aurastephen

The kit would basicly include the bracket for coilover mount relocation, some shims for the control arm bushing because they are smaller then the mk3's and a modified tie rod end because with stock tie rods its toed out too much. And you can send us your soarer/sc300/sc400 knuckles and we can modify them for you.

aurastephen

This is the cheapest I could possibly make the kit because I understand most people do want more angle on there mk3's but dont want to spend an arm and a leg getting it. The most expensive part is picking up the soarer/sc300/sc400 lca's and knuckles, plus you need to run soarer/sc300/sc400 brakes which is an upgrade over stock

bkma71

supra coupe
Jun 7, 2005
troutdale, Oregon
Dont the sc300 lca's give bad caster? thats what I read before. Then I was looking into full subframe swap as thats what I did with my x7 to x8 full subframe swap but rail spacing between sc300/mkiv and mk3 is different and since its a cast alm piece its not that easy to modify. I was trying to get measurements but was never able too.

aurastephen

Ill have some pics up soon we've been very busy lately with other projects. We are working out the caster issues trying to keep costs as low as possible. I will be testing (beating the crap out of) this setup once i get some free time and ill post updates asap.