Favorite GT4 course?

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
Mine has to be Nurburgring Nordschleife. Awesome ass course, I've seen videos of people running it irl (specifically this chick goin all out in an M5). I've pretty much mastered the course with a 190E (which I actually plan on buying a 2.6 5-speed irl soon). Course has a good mix of all out speed, high speed cornering and tight twisties. You can't get better than that :D

Yours?

L

lanky189

you got it man... i haven't played alot of GT4, mostly because i just keep running the Ring...over and over and over.

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
csr ma71 said:
I think the name is Grand Valley. In GT2 I used to drift every corner. In GT4, I can't drift or oversteer at all, but it's still fun.

you need to play with your suspension settings and traction control. i can easily drift my Supra on there. It's all about tweaking it for the setup though. Toe the wheels in, turn the oversteer protection down lower, turn traction control in general down. once you get everything set right you'll have no problem sliding her around corners.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Laguna Seca.

The Nur is awesome, and may be one of the best knowntuning and performance tracks in the world, but it's just too long for me. I don't think I'd be thrilled about that course unless I was running it IRL. In-game, it's an endurance race of it's own.

P

Pokey

i like takin the mk4 and mk3 out and seeing how much power it takes for the mk3 to be faster than the mk4, usually on small tracks, but my favorite is laguna seca or motorsports land

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
The ring, and for top speed stability it would have to be the Le Mans course ( the old one with the super long straight....

But the Costa Dela Whatever, the uphill and downhill small Italian course is awsome too....I love the hairpins and tight sections...really great fun!

My favorite car though right now would have to be the Amuse S2000 for handling, the 3000gt MR drag car I made...I ran a 8.8 1/4 mile in it! And the R33GTR I tuned for the Ring.

I cant get enough of the game ( when I am playing it)...I just dont get enough time to play it! I hate doing productive things :biggrinbo

-Jonathan

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
i do have one huge complaint on the game though...

if it was half as realistic as they claim it to be, i wouldn't have AI cars raming me and pushing me into walls like that gay ass Need For Speed Underground2 game that I quit playing for that specific reason. You don't take a $70k car and just fucking ram it into someone elses $70k car. That's the major thing that pisses me off about this thing.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
esc said:
i do have one huge complaint on the game though...

if it was half as realistic as they claim it to be, i wouldn't have AI cars raming me and pushing me into walls like that gay ass Need For Speed Underground2 game that I quit playing for that specific reason. You don't take a $70k car and just fucking ram it into someone elses $70k car. That's the major thing that pisses me off about this thing.

yeah. theyre not TRYING to push you out but unfortunately the AI cars dont react to the position of your car. they follow their line regardless of where you are.

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
regardless though, if they make a GT5 for PS3 or somethin they better at least smarten up the AI to be aware of where your car is at so you don't get slamed into a wall or pushed sideways and go from 1st place to 4th.

L

lanky189

esc said:
regardless though, if they make a GT5 for PS3 or somethin they better at least smarten up the AI to be aware of where your car is at so you don't get slamed into a wall or pushed sideways and go from 1st place to 4th.

i have 3 complaints of the Gran Turismo Series
1. No damage, none... bouncing your car off a wall at certain points can help your lap times etc....and its just stupid

2. AI doesn't race you... they race the line, (as mentioned above)

3. Closed Loop Rally. I want point to point time trials the way Rally really is...

sirkus

May 12, 2005
Cartersville, Ga
itsholdingon.tk
I just can't stand those damn tracks where you can't hit the other guy... on those tiny little french roads.. Those are impossible. I was in my 800hp lotus.. tuned.. and I couldn't touch a damn 89 celica gt4.. It was stupid. But my top track has to be el captian.. i love the turns and such.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
yea i like the track where it has all those...
Damn u people i have never played any of the GT series. and im dead serious. would it be worth it to buy a PS2 just to be able to play it?

MTownsupra

Jun 11, 2005
Memphis, TN
Maybe I'm crazy but my favorite has been Deep Forest for as long as I can remember (started playing GT1 when I was like 10). Theres something about it, good mix of everything, and it even has a lot of interesting elevation changes. Not to mention it's a perfect drift course especially in a high horsepower 4wd car with some crap tires on the back.