Fastest mk3 7mgte supra? 8.62

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
mibrum posted that, it's been posted elsewhere on the site as well.

It's a solid rear axle, so it's not a "true" MKIII anymore...

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Poodles;1437539 said:
mibrum posted that, it's been posted elsewhere on the site as well.

It's a solid rear axle, so it's not a "true" MKIII anymore...

Agreed. Although it is very impressive, having a 9" in the rear, not the same for me anymore. I would love to see an IRS car do these times with a 7M. Time will come I am sure.

Duane

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Supra_Villan;1437916 said:
full body car...7mgte...seems pretty true to me.

Take IRS out of Supra, not much left of the Supra, that is what he means. ;) If you are going to compare that to a Non IRS car, then add HKS to it, they ran LOW 8's. ;)

flyjum

Oct 5, 2006
Mesa AZ
I think he could run a similar time with the supra IRS in it if he dialed in the springs and stuff but I dont know really.

Duane your running the stock rear end right?

I know a bunch of mark IV guys are running close to stock rears ends in their cars and they are running similar times.

What car is making more power his 7m dragster or this?

I read he is running 30 psi on the dragster and 35 psi on the car.

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
upgradedsupra;1437946 said:
Take IRS out of Supra, not much left of the Supra, that is what he means. ;) If you are going to compare that to a Non IRS car, then add HKS to it, they ran LOW 8's. ;)
hks was a chasis car though...or at least the front half. right? There is plenty surpa there if you ask me as far as this one goes...

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Supra_Villan;1438031 said:
hks was a chasis car though...or at least the front half. right? There is plenty surpa there if you ask me as far as this one goes...

Yes, correct BUT, this car has no IRS, not in same category.
I run OEM configuration, stock diff still too. (although a TRD is on the way)

As stated, many big hp cars run 8's with IRS so, no real need to upgrade it really. Well, you can and it will get better 60 ft times in general but really for drag racing and is what he has done.

I am not taking anything away from he accomplishments, just saying it is not int he same category when take the IRS out.

Duane

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
upgradedsupra;1438034 said:
Yes, correct BUT, this car has no IRS, not in same category.
I run OEM configuration, stock diff still too. (although a TRD is on the way)

As stated, many big hp cars run 8's with IRS so, no real need to upgrade it really. Well, you can and it will get better 60 ft times in general but really for drag racing and is what he has done.

I am not taking anything away from he accomplishments, just saying it is not int he same category when take the IRS out.

Duane
yeah although its not in the same category it doesn't take away from being "true" its full body with the same motor that was from the factory. You have to draw the line somewhere...i mean you run a gm trans correct? we still consider you a "true" supra.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Supra_Villan;1438039 said:
yeah although its not in the same category it doesn't take away from being "true" its full body with the same motor that was from the factory. You have to draw the line somewhere...i mean you run a gm trans correct? we still consider you a "true" supra.

I changed from one auto to another. A solid rear axle takes away from what the Supra is IMO as the IRS is removed. Mine is still in tack. As I said, not taking anything away.

Sean from Titan has a 2J and 6 speed just like an MKIV but has the stock IRS, so I consider that a true Supra still, just saying.

I don't think you guys get this, I can not explain it any more clear. I will go get an MKIII body, slap it over a Chevy, is it still a Supra? It looks like one, right? LOL

No need to take away from this guy, just stating my opinion, can't take that away from me like I can't take it from you.

Duane

Status
Not open for further replies.