fast easy diet foods?

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
well I recently went on a diet and been going to the gym everyday....I've only been able to workout for 30min a day cause I wake up at 2:20pm, get ready for work and I'm out the door by 2:35-2:40...takes about 25min to get to the gym and I need to be at work by atleast 4:15..half hour drive from the gym to work...anyway last week I was 254 pounds...today I'm 245...I'm likeing the results but I'm hurtin....I'm hurtin real bad LOL....this week my diet has consisted of 2 boiled skinless chicken breast with spagetti sause, romain lettuse salad with vinegerett dressing, rice cakes from Quaker as a snack, and a whole shitload of apples!! I eat this everyday this week and I need more options

I have but only 15 minuets to cook my meals in the morning orelse I cut into my sleep time which is a no go!!! So it needs to be simple, fast, and some sort of good taste....now I'm not lazy and I love to cook but I need 8 hours of sleep and I have zero time when I wake up cause I head right to the gym..

Please help a your fat brother out.

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
I've been living off peanut butter and banana sammitches for the past month.
Cereal in the morning? Honey Bunches of Oats (Godly)

Making your own sandwiches seems "healthy"
Lol, don't take it from me though. Just seems filling and the thought that you made it yourself makes it neat (Wheat, lettuce, shaved chicken and deli cheese)

Yogurt?

I pop a few handful of raisins here and there. Crackers also. Sometimes you just may be thirsty rather than hungry, a little more water in your day helps with losing weight with aerobics.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
peanutbutter is not a good diet plan.....and I'm avoiding bread....sandwhiches are my fav thing in the world but they are loaded with carbs.

I'm avoiding starches also....and I can't stand milk that is lowfat (way as well put white dye in a cup of water and call it milk).

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
Lol, sorry was just throwing some of the stuff I do aha. Main thing is sticking with what you find (It gets hard here at my house, family lives off of Mickey Ds)

Good luck though :)

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Pensacola, Florida, United States
Im a big fan of canned or packet chicken/turkey/tuna for quick meals. You can eat it straight out of the container or mix it in with some bbq, soy sauce, chicken soup/broth or other seasonings.
Also like to pick up steamed crab or shrimp from the local seafood shops or if no choice
Good work/job so far on the diet, i just started mine as well.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
I just picked up my brand new blood pressure prescription this afternoon, and just got off the eliptical that I hadn't touched in 6 months. 30 lbs to go, so I'm dealing with the same thing, viper. Dietwise, I have had good luck going low fat in the past and dropped from 215 to 177 over a year with exercise. I'm trying Alli this time to cut the fat down even further. We'll see how it works. :)

tweak666

May 11, 2006
boca raton, FL
pack or can of white tuna (in spring water) and a bag of salad. boil up some eggs at the beginning of the week, they make quick snacks. chicken breasts are your friend. pre-cook like a bunch, chop them up and put them in serving size freezer bags, they nuke in the time it takes to shower. raw nuts are good too. drink ALOT of water, it curbs the appetite. avoid diet anything, the sweetener actually causes you to feel hungry. If you have to have bread, go with ezekiel bread, supposedly its better for you and its all unrefined wheat and grains. I lost 30lbs this way, but everyones different.
you might check out this book, it helped me: "Eat Right 4 Your Type" by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
subway. buy a 12" sandwich, eat half for lunch, half for dinner (and spare the mayo).
if you cut way back in how much you eat, make sure you do eat good stuff and take a multivitamin.

EDIT: and get some sleep. if you start feeling hungry in the evening, just go to bed rather than the fridge.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
1 slice of bread=10 minuets of a steady jog......I'm avoiding bread period....unless it's some super magic bread that takes more carbs to digest then it contains.

I've pretty much got the fruits and veggies part down....just finished my spinich salad with some other veggie bullshit mixed in. Gots me som pairs and grapes today...and deli turkey to munch on as I really need the protien.

Still need some more ideas.....like soups I can make on the weekend to feed me threw the week......no more apples cause they give me the shits!!!

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
bread is good cuz it is filling. fruits have lots of sugar. meat is actually best, as protein is the most satiating food (physiologically)
if you can hold off the dressing/sauce, then lettuce is best. Lettuce has no calories

Topher E

Trance Head
Aug 4, 2005
Vacaville
Sad to say there is no good AND fast easy diet foods, either you take the time to eat 600 calories of protein and carbs or you don't. The most you can do to take the edge off is stay away from those little snacks in the afternoons and avoid eating when not hungry.

My own personal experience has been weighing 310 pounds a little over a year ago to being 238 now. =]
I stayed away from fatty foods, I was eating three balanced meals a day and running ~10 miles a week. not much but I feel better and look better. The most important aspect of your diet should be not eating light this and low fat that ( YUCK!) but what you do eat, eat in moderation. Portion control is your friend here.

Good luck!

Ninja - Gaboon, dont swear off bread as it is needed for carbohydrates. Lettuce has calories but is seen more as a filler than most. That will help with the full feeling. lots of water, no sodas, drink black coffee when able. Fruits have natural sugars, great for flavor and energy. (Short term breads are more for long term)

Ninja 2.0 - If I feel hungry with a little time left for bed, i chew on some ice cubes. its just my thing if you can handle its, it works wonders.

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
Yup. Eating a big breakfast helps a lot. (Although, it seems like your situation doesn't allow so.)

Chew gum.
Don't eat late into the night. Brush your teeth a little earlier before bed to help that.

Hope these tips sort of help. Got me from a waist of 38-40 to a 34 and I lost a little over 70 pounds (was 228, now 155) within a year or so.

Topher E

Trance Head
Aug 4, 2005
Vacaville
There is always time for breakfast, I was in the same mindset, eating all my colories at the end of the day, not a good idea, I started going to bed an hour earlier and waking after 8 hours of sleep. I found it easier to get thru the day with that hour to take my time in the morning rather than stress like a chimpanzee on cocaine.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
I'm sure bread has it's good sides but there are better foods than that....I mix granola in salads for example....fruits have sugar but very little and it's a different sugar than processed sugar....I don't know I just want different options other than salads and fruit not saying I'm cutting them out but just want something to mix it up a bit....I'm eating grapes as I type this LOL...

I just want to keep this interesting and not get tired of the same shit.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
Ive dropped about 35 pounds in the last year or so just watching what I eat, and making sure I don't overeat. Went from a size 40 to a 36 waist. I feel and look wayy better.

I like eating yogurt and granola as a snack.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
my breakfast consists of an apple while I drive to the gym....I have to force it down cause I'm not a breakfast person and I'm not hungry....I went from 1 meal a day to like 6 small meals a day....now I'm always hungry LOL....usually have some more fruit once I get to work.

EdT.Mk3

Sorta Secret Supra
Aug 21, 2008
San Diego
I bought a huge thing of cottage cheese and stuffed it into the fridge at work. It lasts a couple of days at best, so it doesn't hurt to come back to it. My only irk is that is develops some moisture on top so it's not visually appealing when I crack it open, so I drain that into a sink. I've learned that tossing in berries, and some sugarless jelly makes it easier to get down.

Fiber fiber fiber, that stuff stays in my stomach a long time. Kashi makes granola & bars which are light, and stick with you for a good portion of the day.

I also carry a half gallon of water around with me and drink throughout the day. It offsets hunger and I never realized just how dehydrated I was prior to doing this.

I used to be 230ish, now I'm somewhere around 170. I'll probably get down to 160s this winter since the waves here in SoCal have been good nonstop for about... 2 weeks, maybe longer? I'm stoked.

Frank Rizzo

Banned
Jul 25, 2007
Fixing your girl's car
How about eggs? Throw 4 or 5 in a pot of water, boil for 8 minutes and you're done. High protein, low fat, ultra-low carb option. You might want to ditch the yolks though. I also use protein shakes as meal replacement or supplement sometimes. I go to the gym everyday also and tear up the weight room, I'm on a high protein diet and trying to gain mass. Eggs, milk, yogurt, tuna, any kind of lean meat, I drink protein shakes (GNC, muscle milk, lean body) and take creatine.