Fallout 3

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Great graphics, seems fun.

If it crashes on you, try installing the KLite codec pack - it worked for me.

Unfortunately, I am getting gnarly motion sickness from the game. :cry:

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
been rockin this on the 360 for about 1 1/2 weeks. its amazing fun, beautiful visuals... unfortunately Dead Space and Gears 2 own me

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
LOL, Yahtzee made fun of it...

Yeah, the whole zooming in on the person you just killed is great...the first time. Doing it EVERY TIME gets old fast...

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
ThirstyMKthrice;1166695 said:
I fuckin love this game. Been a Fan since I stumbled onto Fallout 2, it turned out better than I thought it would be.

Fallout 1 and Diablo 1 have got to be my top favorites.

Apr 1, 2005
WA
i got the ps3 version and its not exactly what i would call, a polished game. lots of bugs/glitches. looks to be a great game otherwise. luckily ive got a whole pile of new games waiting for me to play so i can set aside FO3 for now and hope that bethesda releases a patch or two so i can really enjoy this as it was meant to.

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
i have played the fallout series since they came out in 1995.

I have waited (yes im pathetic) for over 10 years for fallout3.

I got it for pc and couldnt be more happy.

However, nothing will EVER replace fallout 1/2... they were possibly the best RPG's ever made, and started the PC rpg crows view revolution

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
screaminglemon;1166918 said:
i got the ps3 version and its not exactly what i would call, a polished game. lots of bugs/glitches. looks to be a great game otherwise. luckily ive got a whole pile of new games waiting for me to play so i can set aside FO3 for now and hope that bethesda releases a patch or two so i can really enjoy this as it was meant to.

I was hoping to hit Fallout3 really hard to make some progress in it over the next two weeks, because once the new WoW expansion comes out, I'm going to be engrossed in leveling and getting geared up for a little bit.

I really need to learn how to beat this motion sickness. I'm not sure, but I think I have nailed down a solution of sorts. I read up that a sense of horizon really helps motion and sea sicknesses. This makes sense, as I tend to get ultra-sick in parts of games where you are indoors. I was sick in the beginning of Half-Life 2 [in the city, especially while inside buildings] but once I got out into the "open areas" I didn't feel sick anymore. I was sick all through Portal. I have also gotten really sick in the beginning of Fallout. Last night I pushed, took "eye breaks" and made it outside Vault 101. There, I saved. I am interested to see if I get sick, now that I have progressed my character to the outside world.
It should be an interesting experiment, but one I am willing to try. I have been waiting for this game for quite awhile.
One more thing that MAY have an effect on my sickness is mouse sensitivity, when it relates to how you look around the world. I may have to adjust accordingly.

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
the motion in the game is manipulating actual movement that could be comparable to sea sickness, and sea motions.

You can take over-the-counter motion sickness pills and it will help significantly.. i was that way for a long time as a kid but somehow grew out of it.

You can also try moving back from the screen further, turning on a light somewhere that you can see it without looking, you can turn up/down the light settings on the tv/ game so your pupils arent as stressed..

try sickness pills. worked for me BIGtime.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Hmm, never had this motion sickness. Does it happen only when you move around real fast? or even when nothing is happening? and like Nomad said, having your pupils strained is a bad thing if your trying to combat this. I noticed if I would read something in a dim lit room, I would get mega headaches. Try the light and gamma trick.

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
Sorry for the change of topic... but... Anybody here have Red Alert 3?

I'm thinking about buying it since I looooove(d) Red Alert 2 and the like... just curious if anybody got it and can enlighten me whether it is worth it or not. :D

I shall also read some reviews and stuff but usually the official reviews tend to differ quite a bit from personal reviews.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
D34DC311;1167095 said:
Hmm, never had this motion sickness. Does it happen only when you move around real fast? or even when nothing is happening? and like Nomad said, having your pupils strained is a bad thing if your trying to combat this. I noticed if I would read something in a dim lit room, I would get mega headaches. Try the light and gamma trick.

I can't tell if it is just when I move fast or not - it stacks up on me over time, usually 10-30 minutes in. It is hard to pinpoint a feeling like this to an exact sensory response. Maybe I will have to waste a little time just staring at a non-moving screen and see if I still get sick.
I might have to try that.
I read up on these sorts of sicknesses. The theory is that your body cannot correlate what it is seeing with what it is feeling [balance and acceleration type equilibrium sensing in the inner ear] and therefore makes the assumption that you are hallucinating - from being poisoned! This is where nausea and vomiting comes in to play.

It might be FPSs that do it exclusively.. I can play WoW all day and not feel sick.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
drunk_medic;1167109 said:
I can't tell if it is just when I move fast or not - it stacks up on me over time, usually 10-30 minutes in. It is hard to pinpoint a feeling like this to an exact sensory response. Maybe I will have to waste a little time just staring at a non-moving screen and see if I still get sick.
I might have to try that.
I read up on these sorts of sicknesses. The theory is that your body cannot correlate what it is seeing with what it is feeling [balance and acceleration type equilibrium sensing in the inner ear] and therefore makes the assumption that you are hallucinating - from being poisoned! This is where nausea and vomiting comes in to play.

It might be FPSs that do it exclusively.. I can play WoW all day and not feel sick.

Do you play WoW with head phones on? Try playing Fallout with headphones on.

03bamaGT

Sep 20, 2008
Bham
My mom has the same issue...nothing has worked for her so far...she can't even play Super Smash Brothers Brawl haha.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
D34DC311;1167183 said:
Do you play WoW with head phones on? Try playing Fallout with headphones on.

No. Even if I am talking with guild members through Ventrilo I just keep the headphones on my desk [with the microphone extended towards me].

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I'd have to play it, but some FPS games have very bad viewing angles and movements that make people sick.

Portal didn't make me sick at all to tell you the truth, but some other games have...

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
drunk_medic;1167294 said:
No. Even if I am talking with guild members through Ventrilo I just keep the headphones on my desk [with the microphone extended towards me].

Try playing fallout with head phones on.