FAKE: Brembo rotors?

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
I was shopping around for rotors:

I just got off the phone with a direct Brembo rep. I asked the how do you identified if the rotors are in fact real Brembo? She told me that they have a "gobal number" starting with a "09' or "08" number, they don't even make a rotor's for a mkiii Supra, they only have it for the mkiv. The ebay one's are fake. Not only that, they are either slotted or drilled and not both. I've shopped several dealers but yet they say they have "em"
Can anyone here prove me wrong? Why the discrepency, either they have from Brembo or they don't.

Last edited:

nottooslow

Apr 3, 2005
arlington TX
when i did the brakes on mine, they all came in brembo boxes. not really proof that they were brembos, but why would autozone care if i got brembos or duralast. they were only like 50 bux a set.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
nottooslow;1238749 said:
when i did the brakes on mine, they all came in brembo boxes. not really proof that they were brembos, but why would autozone care if i got brembos or duralast. they were only like 50 bux a set.
Your right, why should auto zone care, they don't. Well, I think you should care about what product get... not the fact that it was $50.00 a set, just my two cents....
I when to Auto zone to buy a front bearing for my Supra. The box said, "Timken". "Timken" doesn't even make a bearing for my application, yet it came in a "Timken" Box. I personaly don't think Auto zone should put parts in other manufactures boxes so they can sell it for more. again , my two cents. I mean don't you want for what you paid for? If you Bought a Supra, then would you want it to be all Supra and not part "Yugo"?

After the fact;

Last edited:

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Timken does make a Wheel bearing for our car, that is what I used to do mine and it is the same as the stock one that I replaced!! Been ok so far!!

nottooslow

Apr 3, 2005
arlington TX
Koenigturbo;1238763 said:
Your right, why should auto zone care, they don't. Well, I think you should care about what product get... not the fact that it was $50.00 a set, just my two cents....
I when to Auto zone to buy a front bearing for my Supra. The box said, "Timken". "Timken" doesn't even make a bearing for my application, yet it came in a "Timken" Box. I personaly don't think Auto zone should put parts in other manufactures boxes so they can sell it for more. again , my two cents. I mean don't you want for what you paid for? If you Bought a Supra, then would you want it to be all Supra and not part "Yugo"?

After the fact;

not really sure why you're breaking my balls on this. i didnt ask for brembos. i asked them for stock replacement rotors. i could give a shit what brand they were, thats what warranties are for. now when i upgrade them thats a different story.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Direct from their website says they DO make rotors for our cars.

Part numbers:
Front: 25336
Rear: 25472

Sounds like the person you talked to was a moron and searched their upgrade GT line. GT line is a full BBK that comes slotted or drilled. You are correct though that Brembo doesn't make crossdrilled or slotted rotors for our cars, another company does that machining afterwards.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
nottooslow;1238818 said:
not really sure why you're breaking my balls on this. i didnt ask for brembos. i asked them for stock replacement rotors. i could give a shit what brand they were, thats what warranties are for. now when i upgrade them thats a different story.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like that, I thought you were buying Brembo's

Sorry

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Poodles;1238820 said:
Direct from their website says they DO make rotors for our cars.

Part numbers:
Front: 25336
Rear: 25472

Sounds like the person you talked to was a moron and searched their upgrade GT line. GT line is a full BBK that comes slotted or drilled. You are correct though that Brembo doesn't make crossdrilled or slotted rotors for our cars, another company does that machining afterwards.

I thought for sure I talked to Brembo direct, maybe I'm wrong
"Huh" O.K. she a moron then,..

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Brembo makes OEM replacement disc brake rotors for our cars.

They can be found via MANY, MANY, MANY legitimate sources.

Tire rack being one of them....

/Thread. Close this up before more confusion arises.

**Edit: Links:
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brak...l=Supra&autoYear=1990&autoModClar=&perfCode=P

http://www.a2motorsports.net/brembo-brake-rotors86592-.html

https://935motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=79_14_38_263&products_id=806

http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/brembo/am-apps-Toyota.html

etc, etc....

Last edited:

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
O.K sorry guys, maybe I wasn't clear with the rep, I probaly wasn't clear to her that I was asking about drilled/slotted. maybe that's why's there's a mix up.