Factory boost gauge not working?

hatchet9mm

Aug 1, 2008
USA
Sorry to thread jack, but is the stock boost gauge all electric, cause I have this old autometer phantom that is vacuum only, and I wanted to know if it would be worth mounting up in the dash.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
^The stock gauge is useless. Your best bet is to use anything else other than it. Do yourself a favor and get a mechanical boost/vacuum

Heavy D

Jun 3, 2009
worcester, ma
yea mine stopped working too, but i think it could be the dash, cause not even the back lights are working for it, also isnt there a sensor somewhere in the engine?

sorry just not trying to high jack

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
Yeah I know on mine when it stopped working for a while there was a little t section near the brake booster/ cruise control. It kept popping off there for some reason. Try checking that out. I just got new vacuum hose and it held

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Not my pic
There is a boost sensor for the dash. Next to the left (driver in US) side TEMS cover, it shares vacuum with the cruse controll.
7mlayout2.jpg

Last edited:

Heavy D

Jun 3, 2009
worcester, ma
yea the black box right? thats a map sensor, i used to play with them on my corollas when doing turbos, mine is connected but i think its my dash, i put the key in and stays at -4, doesnt move, the back light dont turn on, could be the dash

Heavy D

Jun 3, 2009
worcester, ma
yea, ight so then for me it has to be my cluster, i just wonder why it went out, even tho the factory boost gauge sucks, but mine just went out