Factory amplifier location

Jo3f1sh

Noob
Jul 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
Does anyone happen to know where the factory amplifier is located in a 91-92 Supra? When i bought the car, the owner had used a factory amp integration harness for the after market CD player. It uses the RCA pre-outs on the head-unit instead of using the colored speaker wires you'd usually use. That way, the factoy amplifier is still used. But, I believe the left front channel on the factory amplifier is beginning to fail. When the head unit powers up, the front left speaker makes a horrible popping noise that goes away after about 5-10 minutes, but until then, it sounds terrible. I was going to see about bypassing the factory amplifier to get rid of this problem...i don't think it was meant to be used in conjunction with higher voltage pre-outs on aftermarket radios...

I also switched to a different head unit just to make sure that wasn't the problem. If anyone knows where the factory amp is located, please let me know! Usually they're around the trunk area, but with this Supra, i have no idea...