Factory alarm woes

macjac69

Supramania Contributor
Feb 5, 2007
Mississippi
My factory alarm goes off sometimes by itself, and once it went off and the horn constantly sounding, it did turn off when I turn the key in the driver door.

What will happen if I unplug the alarm box under the dash?

tok

Jun 12, 2008
NJ
i would like to know this as well since i really want to pull the plug on the factory alarm. i've got an aftermarket one already.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
There is a write up somewhere on how to remove the factory alarm. I know because I"ve used it. I don't know where I found it but it was on here. I had to remove the alarm box and ground some wire up under the dash and I also did some wiring up under the hood in the front. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Who

Supramania Contributor
If you unplug the box I believe the car will not start. If you look at the wiring schematics there is a wire that needs to be grounded going to the alarm for the starter relay to engage. Off the top of my head I believe it is Light Orange. There is a write up somewhere here on SM. If I find it I will provide the link.

EDIT.... Dammit they beat me to it.

Last edited:

Supratrbox2

Damnit
Jul 27, 2005
South Jerzey
This used to happen to me all the time after my swap, then just stopped.
4 years later happened again for about 10 seconds then stopped. Like it was possesed.

Tae361

Jul 15, 2008
NY
Supratrbox2;1118157 said:
This used to happen to me all the time after my swap, then just stopped.
4 years later happened again for about 10 seconds then stopped. Like it was possesed.

lol was having the same problem today after my recent swap, happened at every store i stopped at, and everytime i would open close each door, the hood, the hatch and sometimes it would work instantly sometimes took 30 mins lol.

but now i just clipped the wires at the hood latch, will take the cpu out soon.

macjac69

Supramania Contributor
Feb 5, 2007
Mississippi
Ok guys thanks for the info, haven't checked this thread in a couple of days, Gustav has been pretty rough down here.