F22b1 question about small nick on block deck

mickgarvey

Jul 5, 2009
Mukilteo, Wa
I could have posted in the Accord forums but I felt people here would be alot more helpful. I dont need people asking me why I didnt put an h22 in my Accord.

SO! What should I do with this? Ive heard just leave it alone from this guy I dont really know to well who came out and looked at it. Your fingernail will not catch on it whatso ever.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

My girl let me borrow her camera so I was kinda freakin out using Macro. Its hard to believe but I took twice as many as I posted lol.

mickgarvey

Jul 5, 2009
Mukilteo, Wa
I don't want to answer your question IJ because I'm really not sure but I would say no it looks more like a rubber coating. I'm using the OEM head gasket which appears to be a MLS gasket with a sealing area around the inner and outer sealing edges. Ive "heard" that the oem honda gasket is the only way to go so I I bought it direct from majestic Honda. This is what it looks like although I cant verify that that the picture is legitimately and OEM gasket.

Honda_F22AF22B_Full.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

I wish I would have just removed the whole head, although it was supposedly easier to detach the intake manifold. Stupid dowels refused to come out nicely.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Floating cylinders are wack.

Its a honda man run it and see what happens if it blows you can get another motor for 400 bucks. I dont even see why your replacing the hg. Just throw something else in when it blows.

mickgarvey

Jul 5, 2009
Mukilteo, Wa
I bought this engine for 250, had a blown exhaust valve. I just want to do it right the first time especially after buying 500$ worth of parts (waterpump, timing belt, gasket, reman head, ect.). Plus Im kinda broke at the moment due to partial unemployment :(.

Floating cylinders are the shit! haha well at least its got cast iron cylinder walls compaired to frm like in my old acura

mickgarvey

Jul 5, 2009
Mukilteo, Wa
Well Everything got here today, Im going out to clean everything up and put her back together it such nice weather. Should I touch up that spot with something? Maybe get some of that copper spray for headgaskets? I just dont want to fire it up and have a tiny leak there.

I just scotch bright scrubbed the areas and it seemed to smooth them a tiny bit. Whatever im putting it together like this. If it leaks a tiny bit I can always sell it :evil2: