F@#*&g EBAY

thebuddrik

Jun 2, 2007
Lafayette ,La.
Ordered a head off of ebay. The guy said it was ready to install with a MHG. I asked him what shape the cams and berring caps were in. He said they were fine. Received the head today.:3d_frown:
Sorry they are so big, I couldnd figure out how to make them thum nails.
p994090_1.jpg

p994090_2.jpg

p994090_3.jpg

p994090_4.jpg

p994090_5.jpg

p994090_6.jpg

p994090_7.jpg

p994090_8.jpg

p994090_9.jpg

p994090_10.jpg

p994090_11.jpg

p994090_12.jpg

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
actually

looks like the head was machined for MHG but it was not cleaned at all!
Also seems like he did not pack it right!

Email him. Show him the pictures and demand money back. Otherwise paypal dispute.

Sparkynutz

Sad previous supra owner
Feb 27, 2006
Waupun, WI
tbcmorris;994298 said:
Do yourself a favor don't even bother messing with that.....paypal dispute. Get you money back.

ebay disputes are a joke. I bought an amp for over $600 and it turned out the guy I bought it from used stolen credit cards to buy and sell a bunch of stuff. the cops busted him just before he was going to send my amp out. I never got it and had already paid for it. after trying to contact a seller for months that no longer had a valid account and was most likely in jail and dicking around with ebay I got a wopping $100 back, minus $25 in fees to get the money back so I ended up being shit on majorly by ebay. basicly if you cant convince the guy to give your moneyback you are pretty much screwed unless you can settle for getting jack back for a crappy item.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
Paypal is useless.........
The only thing they consider is if you received an item.
Note that I did not say 'the item'.
As long as they get a tracking number from the seller, they consider it a done deal.
The only way you can go after this is if you used a credit card through Paypal.
Then you can file a complaint with the card company,
and they will go after paypal,
and they Will get your money back.

Otherwise, you are stuck with a head with ground up cam bearing journals......

Unless the guy is upstanding,
and when you contact him, agrees to refund your payment.

Some things to stay away from on eBay:
Used 7M heads that do not give you close up pictures of everything.
Used 7M heads that are said to be 'ported'.

thebuddrik

Jun 2, 2007
Lafayette ,La.
I gave him bad feedback and now he is bitchen to me. On the ebay page he said thet he has built many 7Ms and 1JZs. from the look of this head I wonder how long they lasted before they blew head gaskets.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Paypal disputes are not useless! I disputed a purchase and won. I bought an electric antenna from a guy who advertised it as an oem Supra antenna. Come to find out it was an aftermarket one. He fought my dispute and lost and I got all my money back.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
ya gotta look at thier rating and determine through other buyer/sellers if the guy is legit or shit.
if he has a few complaints or "bad" marks,you might not want to do business with him. I have worked hard to get my 100%

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The journals are normal for what I've seen in my time...

The bent stud, the broken gear on the cam, and the complete lack of ANY cleaning of the head bothers me though.

I wouldn't run it...