External Wastegates

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
Funny this thread came up.

I have the SSAC Manifold & Wastegate.

Manifold works great, Wastegate works great.
With the dude a while back with the leaking at idle... make sure you don't have slag sitting in the wastegate sticking it open. I've had this 3 times now, i'm getting really good at removing my downpipe & wastegate LOL

I'm assuming the slag is coming off the wastegate runner section of my manifold as none of it has gone though my turbo or my turbo is stronger than slag lol. I have no play whatsoever in the turbo. Getting the slag stuck in the wastegate and forcing me to drive on 8.0:1 cr with no boost sucks hahaha

But for mechanical ability the wastegate is primo!

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
REAL HKS 50mm for me

Rebuild%2018.JPG

Runs ROCK SOLID. No creep or oscillation at all.

For all of you guys worried about wastegates sticking, have you ever heard of boost cut? I run my GT40 at 1.25bar, and have the boost cut set at 1.3 :)

87 Turbo

Feb 9, 2008
St.Paul MN
been runnin the ebay 50mm for a while now with my t-66. no problem at all. sometime you get luck out and get a bad one or get real lucky and get a good one.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
annoyingrob;1043220 said:
REAL HKS 50mm for me

[thumb]http://offsite.lostjournal.com/rob/Supra%20Pics/Motor%20Rebuild/Rebuild%2018.JPG[/thumb]

Runs ROCK SOLID. No creep or oscillation at all.

For all of you guys worried about wastegates sticking, have you ever heard of boost cut? I run my GT40 at 1.25bar, and have the boost cut set at 1.3 :)

You and me both. :) I'm not running this setup yet, but it's sitting in my room waiting for me to get my car done. ;)

Pics- The authentic Greddy manifold and authentic HKS 50mm wastegate are mine. The turbo is not. (these are pics of right before they were shipped to me) Click to enlarge:

I'm sure gilberjj will recognize this setup. ;)