External Waste Gate Question....

LEGNA

Feb 28, 2006
CT
I have ball bearing water cooled 62-1 68 trim and i really dont want to use the stock waste gate...I dont even know if it will work but my question is..i think im going to purchase a Tial 44mill polished but dont know if its the right size or what size spring to get the waste gate comes with a v-band flange any pics on where is the best place to install the waste gate... is there a better waste gate!!!!..

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
LEGNA said:
I have ball bearing water cooled 62-1 68 trim and i really dont want to use the stock waste gate...I dont even know if it will work but my question is..i think im going to purchase a Tial 44mill polished but dont know if its the right size or what size spring to get the waste gate comes with a v-band flange any pics on where is the best place to install the waste gate... is there a better waste gate!!!!..

44 is to big 40 will be better

around 10 psi is good one to start with

you will have to make an adptor to mate that bad boy up just put the gate in the adptor

and asfor the gate 2 ways

weld the door or just leav it un hooked as in the vac line

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
LEGNA said:

Need a little more info.

Are you on stock mani?

Is the turbo currently internally gated?

Give us some more info and we'd be glad to help.

LEGNA

Feb 28, 2006
CT
MDCmotorsports said:
Need a little more info.

Are you on stock mani?

Is the turbo currently internally gated?

Give us some more info and we'd be glad to help.
Yes stock mani and currently internally gated i was told to weld it to the mani but to keep clearence in mind

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
You'll need a spacer with a WG section welded to it.

You may be able to get away with just removing the vacuum source to the actuator of your current internal gate... it should keep it closed due to the spring pressure in the actuator.

As for what size wg to run is COMPLETELY dependent on boost pressure you wish to run.

I run a 50mm WG since I like better regulation control at LOW boost... if I were to run 15+ psi, a smaller diameter WG would be ideal.

LEGNA

Feb 28, 2006
CT
MK3Brent said:
You'll need a spacer with a WG section welded to it.

You may be able to get away with just removing the vacuum source to the actuator of your current internal gate... it should keep it closed due to the spring pressure in the actuator.

As for what size wg to run is COMPLETELY dependent on boost pressure you wish to run.

I run a 50mm WG since I like better regulation control at LOW boost... if I were to run 15+ psi, a smaller diameter WG would be ideal.
Do you have pics...and i could weld it shut its not on the car yet getting all the info i can before i buy it..15psi-18.

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
LEGNA said:
Do you have pics...and i could weld it shut its not on the car yet getting all the info i can before i buy it..15psi-18.
http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=361669&highlight=manifold+adaptor

images
I cannot get any larger pics, since MAXX has since gone under.