exhaust question

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Hey guys, right now i have a 3 inch exhaust and was thinking of getting a custom 3inch with the dual n1 muffler set up. I was thinking of doing it like this :
3" pipe after test pipe> 3" resonator>dual pipes to the muffler. I was just wondering, what size should i do the dual pipes after the resonator, 2.75" or 2.5"? What would be more suitable, plus not too loud as I'm not a big fan of that and the city i live in is not either :)

I have seen couple made on here like Borhor's, and i think it was Stanzaspeed's ( correct me if im wrong) this would be done in a week or two as im gathering parts. Any advice would be very helpful.

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Whats up!
Honestly 2.5" is a max maybe even go with 2.25" because that is like dumping a 3" exhaust into a 4.5" or 5" exhaust at the back. Are you planning to run them together as Borhor did or exiting on opossite sides like an FD, or 350z?

Seth

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
when i did mine, it was done with a manaflow muffler under the car that split from a single 3" in to dual 3" and then 3" piping to the rear with 2 resonators.

its decently quiet. I have since had custom slip in silencers made to bring the noise down more when needed.

akito

Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Hey Seth!!! Yea, i wanted to run them together like Borhor, since i love the Apexi N1 dual muffler. Hey, how bout i make a trip down to you with the mufflers, 3 inch resonator, and then you can either run the pipes for me and gimme a price for mild steel/ stainless :biglaugh::biglaugh:

akito

Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Stanzaspeed;1446569 said:
when i did mine, it was done with a manaflow muffler under the car that split from a single 3" in to dual 3" and then 3" piping to the rear with 2 resonators.

its decently quiet. I have since had custom slip in silencers made to bring the noise down more when needed.

Does the 3" piping after the split ridiculously loud? do you have any videos?

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
akito;1447125 said:
Hey Seth!!! Yea, i wanted to run them together like Borhor, since i love the Apexi N1 dual muffler. Hey, how bout i make a trip down to you with the mufflers, 3 inch resonator, and then you can either run the pipes for me and gimme a price for mild steel/ stainless :biglaugh::biglaugh:

We can do that, let me know when you are free to make a trip down here and we can throw it on the lift, pull some measurements, brainstorm, and come up with some ideas and pricing! Shoot me a PM and we can discuss it!

Seth