exhaust idea

jamesdem1123

Mar 2, 2006
Palm Harbor
ok, i would like to run quad tips dual exhaust , do u guys think closer or farther apart?
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
i always wanted to run the exhaust out the front bumper right before the front wheel. ehh..maybe a better idea on a 30psi'ed 4 banger.

your exhaust:both works. but if am to choose...wider.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
You can probably work it around the tank with some creative tubing. I would love to see a dual exhaust on a Supra. I've only seen one, and it was fake.

On my brother's Volvo, we stuck his exhaust out the side of teh car. It looked awesome. But his car was lowered so it scraped on EVERTHING :p

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
dual exhaust on an inline 6 single turbo? well, i guess they put dual exhausts on srt4s and s2000s, right? :) and i agree, wider looks better. how do you plan to get around the gas tank interference?

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
Someone did this in europe. Seems that is where they are always going for more tips.

It wasn't too shabby. You sort of need a rear skirt to come down lower to pull it off.

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
The tank can be modified and you can avoid the skirt (I've got one modified at home fir this purpose now)...as I remember the european ones only run pipes to the rear so they avoid mufflers getting in the way, and the skirt hides the pipes looping all over the place. The modified tank route looses some capacity, and you need to carefully choose your muffler to ensure it will look right, but you can do it without a skirt and keep the mufflers at the rear of the car.

There was also someone who used a BMW or Ferrari muffler. The muffler itself sits under the bumper bar across the back and has a single inlet, with 4 tips, 2 per side outlet.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
bgrieger said:
There was also someone who used a BMW or Ferrari muffler. The muffler itself sits under the bumper bar across the back and has a single inlet, with 4 tips, 2 per side outlet.
thats a great idea, you could also pull one off of a vette.

jamesdem1123

Mar 2, 2006
Palm Harbor
yea not a bad idea my dad has a c-5 and the exhaust on that sounds pretty good stock. i would like a little more quiet than it is now, i have an ebay muffler (glasspack) with 3 inch pipe no cat and a downpipe from megan i think. i hear it in the car too much.