Exhaust Comparison Thread

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
I was looking around hoping to find a thread comparing the different exhaust systems available for the 1J/2J with sound clips or before and after dyno graphs. I couldn't find one :nono: Lots of vids but not a breakdown of what was on the cars.
So I had an idea for a thread ( actually I read an old thread where 1JArpus mentioned it as well ) Hope you guys will contribute for a good cause. I think the members that are looking for an exhaust system but not sure what to buy will find it very helpful. Cat restrictions , mufflers, y pipes, egt's ,,, exhaust does more than sound loud or quiet ,, let's find out what flows the best and what advantages paying the big bucks really has .. Dyno graphs with different systems on the same car would also be good to see.

Please list what you have followed by a supporting Sound clip, short vid and or a before and after dyno graph .

I'll start :icon_bigg

1JZ
2J USDM cams
HKS manifolds
HKS T3G Twins
HKS Y pipe
Raptor Racing 3" SS
w/o Cat
Magnaflow 14815

I just installed an Emanage Ultimate and 650's. It's not running great but i'm workin on it .Please excuse the black smoke and 5K shifts :: snowart ::
Exhaust+Vid+1JZ++

Last edited:

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
Car sounds nice, love the sound of a 1jz.

My set up is 2jz with CP pistons
HKS 264's
ebay manifold
DBB T67
4" down pipe split to twin 3" after the tranny 4 3" resonators.

In this vid I had the AEM and no cams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1pYXUOoLFo

This one is with the HKS 264's and AEM still. (The camera I was using sucked)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtdLgHbBZbk

This is at the track last month with the ViPEC the rest of the set up is the same. (need to turn this up the GoPRo makes it quiet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAtrGO3p7sY

Jeremy

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
Turbo Drifter;1361560 said:
Car sounds nice, love the sound of a 1jz.

My set up is 2jz with CP pistons
HKS 264's
ebay manifold
DBB T67
4" down pipe split to twin 3" after the tranny 4 3" resonators.

Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy . Damn man you launch hard !! Kicked the cd right out of the deck on that first one :icon_surp LOL Sounds great especially with that rear camera view . Makes me wish we had a track around here :3d_frown:

Anyone else care to share ??

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
1jz vvti
3" DP
2 vibrant ultra-quiet resonators

watch

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
watch

2jz, from inside with hks super dragger, TMS high flow cat, and 3'' downpipe off my single turbo (turbonetics cast manifold). despite what my vid says its to redline :) my waste gate added its own sound when on the road this was just parked... loved the sound though. i liked ron's exhaust setup on his 2j i just can never find his build thread

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
7M GTE
Stock Manifold
BIC divorced downpipe
3.5" SS exhaust, no cats
Apexi N1 Muffler 3.5" in 4.5" out

Don't have any videos unfortunately and can't post any due to car being dead, but I'll just say it purrs like a kitten at idle and roars like a lion when you're boosting :D

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
tlo86;1365408 said:
watch

2jz, from inside with hks super dragger, TMS high flow cat, and 3'' downpipe off my single turbo (turbonetics cast manifold). despite what my vid says its to redline :) my waste gate added its own sound when on the road this was just parked... loved the sound though. i liked ron's exhaust setup on his 2j i just can never find his build thread

What's up with the tach being off so much?

radiod;1365415 said:
7M GTE
Stock Manifold
BIC divorced downpipe
3.5" SS exhaust, no cats
Apexi N1 Muffler 3.5" in 4.5" out

Don't have any videos unfortunately and can't post any due to car being dead, but I'll just say it purrs like a kitten at idle and roars like a lion when you're boosting :D

Believe we are trying to build a data base for 1jz/2jz exhausts as the OP said in the first post.

Bock

CNDBOOST
Jun 7, 2008
Ottawa
92 JZA70 2.5R BPU
- 3" Driftmotion DP
- 3" Testpipe
- 3" Dual resonators
- 3" HKS silent power ( jasma cert.) Muffler
Stock Cat installed on this sound clip!

Sounds really nice during WOT ( a nice tuned sound)
Sound clip starts @ 3:10 the rest of the vid is just random pic of the car (my first boaring vid lol )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba8CRULzVl4

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Turbo Drifter;1365511 said:
What's up with the tach being off so much?

Believe we are trying to build a data base for 1jz/2jz exhausts as the OP said in the first post.

i usd a signal converter and it was set for 4cyl not 6cyl i think (or it was set for 8 cyl cant remember) simple flip of a switch and it corrected it:)