evo 9 wheels onn mk3?....

FlipSupra8

Mar 3, 2009
maryland
so my friend is selling his wheels,tires plus rims for 400...and seeing my tires and stock saw blades are real ugly and bald...im thinking about buying these off of him...my question is these are 245/35/17?..i 4got...but anyway would these evo rims fit on my mk3?...the thing im worried about for the moment is the wheel bore...cuz i heard mitsubishi usualy makes the bore specified or omsething...i odnt know ...just getting you guys opinion... oh and the stock 9 evo rims are the double 5 spoked rims enkei..

FlipSupra8

Mar 3, 2009
maryland
yea....the offset is the the wheel from the bore or however u explain it...but what effect does that have with driveabilty..speedomter..etc...i really never understood this part of the car...well prolly cuz i never had time 2 research it

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
offset = distance mounting face is from center of wheel, it's basicly depth...

Means the wheel will sit in too far or stick out too far

RoadRaceMK3

Corner Speed > Trap Speed
Feb 26, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Same bolt pattern, the 5x114.3. The wheels are 17x8 with a +35 offset. They will stick out but farther than the stockers but shouldn't extend past the fender wall. +35 is do-able on a Supra I believe, at least that is the offset I was going to get in the rear. There are better options available aftermarket for around the same price if you shop around, but they would work I think.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Mine are 38 offset all round (9")

285.jpg

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
RoadRaceMK3;1278216 said:
Same bolt pattern, the 5x114.3. The wheels are 17x8 with a +35 offset. They will stick out but farther than the stockers but shouldn't extend past the fender wall. +35 is do-able on a Supra I believe, at least that is the offset I was going to get in the rear. There are better options available aftermarket for around the same price if you shop around, but they would work I think.

theres not really a better combo for $400... the tire size is decent, and the rims are strong and light. and a 17x8 +35 offset will put them at about where a stock rim sits... i had 17x8 +35 on my car before... they tuck nicely into the fenders if your really low.

RoadRaceMK3

Corner Speed > Trap Speed
Feb 26, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Rennat;1278226 said:
theres not really a better combo for $400... the tire size is decent, and the rims are strong and light. and a 17x8 +35 offset will put them at about where a stock rim sits... i had 17x8 +35 on my car before... they tuck nicely into the fenders if your really low.

Yeah it really depends on how fresh the tires are and how much tread is left. But I have to agree, that price is pretty hard to pass up. :sarcasm:

FlipSupra8

Mar 3, 2009
maryland
yea...tread is proly 70% proly even better...guy is dumping 3000 on some volks...so i might as well grab these..but sure i can get osmething for around 400...but most likely they are some cheap ones...i wnat these cuz of lightweight and my tires are FUGGGEd...well thanks for the help guys

FlipSupra8

Mar 3, 2009
maryland
will do defintily...im currently redoing the whole car so itll look realy shitty....but im happy with it...front end is white and rest is blue...swapped panels and what not